Mar 11,2012
Mar 11,2012
Just thought I would share with you my experience with Tortoise Property Management & Rentals Ltd as well as the landlord when I moved to the property at 100 Wingfield, Orton Goldhay, Peterborough, PE2 5TJ
When I moved in to the property in July 2011 there were no issues from the start. House was fine with only minor repairs necessary and these were serviced quickly and efficiently.
In October 2011 we noticed some damp developing in parts of the property. We reported this to Tortoise Property Management & Rentals Ltd immediately and requested that repairs were undertaken.
A week later Tortoise Property Management & Rentals Ltd issued us with a dehumidifier to see how that would affect the humidity levels in the property.
After a month we noticed that some of our personal belongings were getting mouldy and beyond repair. We requested to the Tortoise Property Management & Rentals Ltd as due to it coming as a result of the damp we felt the landlord was partly responsible for the damage and requested either a reduction in rent until the issue is resolved or reimbursing our costs of replacing/repairing the items (damage totalled to a modest £50.00 and included repairs to wardrobe, bed and dry cleaning some clothes).
The response was that the landlord would not compensate us for anything. He promised however he would resolve the issue by fitting air blocks to the room concerned. We were happy with this solution providing it resolved the issue. We asked whether the air blocks would affect the temperature of the property and both the landlord and Tortoise Property Management & Rentals Ltd responded that it shouldn't affect it whatsoever.
By this time it was December and we had to move all our belongings out of the room due to damp. Also the humidifier was running at full blast, windows were open all day and heating was also increased. Our bills went up by over 150%....
Work started on the property in January. After 2 weeks "testing" out the new conditions we found out that the damp was still growing but moreover the room was so cold it was unusable.
By this time we were not happy that for over 3 months we had: reduced living space, increased utility bills, detrimental effect on our health (I developed asthma symptoms) and damage to our personal belongings. Damp also spread to the main hallway, kitchen and conservatory (in fact we only had a couple of rooms which weren't affected! )
We requested that we receive a discount of £100.00 for all the additional costs/damages/ health problems we experienced over the period as well as a guarantee that the issue will be fully resolved in the coming future.
In response we were given notice to leave the property....
For those of you who are interested I have attached photos of the problems.

I will let you judge for yourself whether to consider Tortoise Property Management & Rentals Ltd as well as the landlord of 100 Wingfield, Orton Goldhay, Peterborough, PE25TJ as trustworthy and professional people.
Property is currently available for viewing. For details click on the links below

By: Tortoise
May 02, 2012
Please see our response to Mr Kaznowski's claims below from the 13/8/2012. Please note that the feature above has been withdrawn on both YouTube and LoveYour

Mr Kaznowski

In regards to your penultimate paragraph in your email on the 15/3/2012 requiring our assistance in finding suitable accommodation moving forward I’m afraid the only assistance we will provide is a clear reference when your rent payment is made for the amount due on the 11/3/2012, and on the basis that you do vacate the property on the 10/04/2012 in line with the Section 21 notice issued to you on the 26/01/2012. I would also add that 2 months notice to vacate the property was given to you correctly and in line with property law in the UK.

I feel that it is right to be very clear with you that I think that it is extremely inappropriate of you to request my assistance in finding you alternative accommodation when you have chosen to add negative and inaccurate comments to YouTube and on the 10/03/2012 regarding Tortoise Property Management & Rentals Limited.

I do believe these sites to be of advantage to Tenants in regards to feeding back information however, once again, I find your comments in regards to our professionalism are misleading. I believe your views are not balanced and do not contain our instructions to yourselves, as well as containing information that is incorrect, unproven and which does not reflect the actions taken by us, Tortoise Property Management & Rentals Limited and your Landlord.

I expect the current comments to be taken down from public view within 24 hours of receipt of this letter. I will also be claiming amounts for costs and compensation if this is not undertaken immediately from all involved parties, as it is clear these listings have been posted to damage the integrity of this Company. A copy of this letter is being sent to

I also find your comments about our professionalism rather confusing when in your email on the 15/3/2012 at 12.19 you ask for our assistance in finding alternative accommodation. Furthermore, you requested information that would lead to a viewing of an alternative property at Magistrates Court on the 19/2/2012 at 8.02pm. An emailed response was sent on the 20/2/2012 at 10.36am explaining that dogs were not allowed in these flats. Please let me make you aware that this was not our decision or the Landlord’s decision (who I can confirm would not let pets in the property anyway). It is clearly stated in the head lease provided by the freeholder from the purchase of the property and is common within blocks of flats. Again, on my visit to your property on the 16/3/2012, Mrs Kaznowski, as witnessed by Bev Williamson and Adam Kaznowski (your partners witness), spoke to me (in their presence) on more than two occasions during the visit praising our efforts and professionalism in dealing with you throughout the tenancy and at no point complained about our professionalism. Complaints about our professionalism have also not been made in writing to us.

Therefore I’m a little confused yet again as to why you believe other tenants would not want to use our services when you still seem to want to use them yourself?

Moving forward, I would very much appreciate it if you would contact me in the first instance should you wish to discuss the actions of Tortoise Property Management & Rentals Limited where you concerns will be dealt with appropriately.

Yours sincerely,

Mike Matthews
Managing Director
Tortoise Property Management & Rentals Limited

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Tortoise Property Management & Rentals Ltd Office 1! To leave a new review of Tortoise Property Management & Rentals Ltd Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Tortoise Property Management & Rentals Ltd Office 1