...left to get your reviews in for the 2018 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Sep 27,2016
By: 'Charlotte & Paul'
Sep 27,2016
I would avoid this agent like the plague. I viewed a property on Ainsworth Road a couple of months ago and after a bad experience over a lease with another agent I was very weary. The agent Nigel took us round the property assured me, my partner and my mother that all relevant paperwork for the Management lease was all ready to go. We also told the Agent during the viewing that we would be buying the property with means of a Mortgage. After having our minds put at ease we decided to put in an offer. The offer was accepted. This is when the fun began, the Management pack was not readily available as we had been told and without this we could not move any further with the purchase. It was around a month before we got this. At last, our Mortgage provider could value the property. We received our Valuation and much to our disappointment and horror it was worth £0. This was due to the property being Dorlonco framed. This we were not told about, and it is nowhere to be seen in the property pack. I still have all these details and it is NOT stated anywhere! We were misled and out of pocket £280 and cost us a lot of time! We were told by our agent (Nigel) that this was OK and happens on around 99% of these purchases. He went on to tell me that if the current owner hadn't had a structural done on the building we would need to have one done to satisfy the lender. This is costly and we were in no position to pay for this. Fair to say we feel cheated of time and money and due to there sheer cheek to lie and not tell us upfront exactly what we were getting in to, I am fuming. There has been no apology. I would have expected them to refund our valuation at the very least for lying. Complete joke!
N/A as property purchaser.

LMS Property