Mar 20,2009
Mar 20,2009
This may not be particularly helpful, but I don't actually have enough time to list in great detail exactly how badly Ludlow Thompson messed up our moving in process, nor how many confusing discussions and arguments have occurred between us, them and our landlords; suffice to say that when you're paying silly money for agency fees the first thing you expect is that you will be moving into an empty, clean, safe property. Rather than a filthy one with no smoke alarms, a boiler which (despite having a worthless gas safety certificate, the one thing we thought had been done properly pre-move) was later adjudged to be putting us in direct danger of carbon monoxide poisoning, and was shut off by the bloke who came to reset the pre-paid gas meter (which costs a fortune and we weren't told about, naturally), leaving us with no heat during the coldest week of the year.

Oh, and the small matter of the landlords still living there, apparently unaware they were supposed to move out, for the first 2 days. And their son. And their stuff all over the house for weeks afterwards. Admittedly mainly the landlords' fault, but my na£ve notion that highly-paid letting agents might actually check the property is in a decent state before renting it out was shot to pieces. There hasn't been one person who I've told about this who hasn't been shocked at the lack of professionalism. And I've told a lot of people.

Did I mention that we were originally told that we were moving in a week before this farce, meaning that one of us had arranged to move out of his place that day, and were only informed that this would be put back a week less than 48 hours before we were supposed to be moving in, thereby leaving him homeless? No? Well that's a minor detail now'
Apr 14, 2009
Dear C

The fact that you say you have written several times and have not received a reply is unusual because all complaints are logged and answered. Please get in touch through the correct channel

We take the time to engage with customers in a constructive manner on review websites, and will of course resolve complaints that are genuine and declared in full detail.

Sadly where people choose to leave comment but then not to get in touch - despite every attempt by us to make a welcoming invitation - we are powerless to assist. In such cases, we are left with no choice than to conclude that we could be victims of dishonest use of these review channels. We urge genuine customers with a real complaint to take up our invitiation to let us resolve the complaint - email us at
By: Mr C
Apr 08, 2009
This is another lies from ludlowthompson. You have my complaint on your records but you have failed to resolve it probably because you milk on it being unresolved. Apart from my write ups here on 1st and 4th March with nicknames Mr C and further down Chris I have sent several unanswered letters and e-mails to you. I have given you more than enough chance but you are adamant and only play game. You confuse yourselves and want it your way. Well, the ball is on your court. By the way, why must I go through all these just because I instructed you to let my property and you messed up?
A message to Bertie & Mr C -

We cannot deal with your complaints unless you tell us who you are... There is nothing on record that we can recognise as matching the complaints you list at this website. We will gladly look at any issues but can only do so if you are prepared to identify yourselves to relation to these website comments via

We are looking forward to hearing from you.
By: Mr C
Apr 08, 2009
In all, this is Ludlow Thompson's standard response in a situation like this. In reality, they do nothing to appease the customer rather it would be aggravated over time. From every indication, the regulatory power seems weak and they tend to take advantage of that. Not until there is statutory intervention worst are still out there from Agents like Ludlow Thompson. My case with them is still on and they are playing smart. It does not matter whether you are the landlord or tenant, best is to avoid Ludlow Thompson!
By: ludlowthompson Customer Services
Apr 07, 2009
Dear Bertie

We can understand your frustration and once again apologise for any inconvenience. We do hope you will get in touch so that we can investigate and try to address the situation.

All the feedback published at our website is 100% genuine as recorded on our feedback forms. We publish the Office on the website in respect of all feedback so you can see which one it refers to.

Whilst there are only 21 bad reviews out of thousands of genuine satisified/delighted customers, even ONE unhappy customers is too much for us which is why we feel it is very important to engage with our customers through all channels including consumer review websites.

If you haven't already been in touch, please do so referencing this review. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
By: Bertie
Apr 02, 2009
In response to 'customer services'

I'll repeat: I filled out the survey on the website. I received an email back from somebody from customer services. I emailed them back. I received no response. Thorough investigation there, and good copying and pasting from the comments you've left on the other 16 people who have disapproved of your services (out of 21) - you talk a very good game. How envious we are of all the delighted, fully satisfied customers on your website, we must find out what branch all those totally real people used! Anyway, I may try contacting you again if I find the time and energy. But a bit late now - so I'm mainly warning other people of what to expect. I find it VERY hard to believe that the lack of professionalism and care applied to us was completely out of character. Maybe you shouldn't manage 16,000 arrangements if you can't keep up with them all...
Mar 31, 2009
Dear 'Bertie'
We appreciate what you say and apologise that you have not experienced satisfactory handling of your complaint. The channel for complaint is If you write to us you will hear back. We manage over 16,000 customer and supplier arrangements so sometimes things can and do go wrong. We would never want to leave a customer with the feeling that they were ignored. As you will see at our website where we publish daily customer feedback, it is not the norm for our customers to receive poor service, and so we take any such issues seriously. We urge you to get in touch with us again with your full contact details and reference this review at allagents so that we can get back to you.

ludlowthompson is a professional estate agent belonging to OEA and ARLA, abiding by service standards. So any suggestion to the contrary is taken very seriously and throughly investigated.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of ludlowthompson Finsbury Park! To leave a new review of ludlowthompson Finsbury Park, please click the link below !
Write a review for ludlowthompson Finsbury Park