Mar 12,2012
Mar 12,2012
While the sales rep was an absolute dream to work with and very helpful, it was a completely different story when we started to deal with our management team.

We were held up moving into the flat before Christmas as they were redoing all the windows. However, when we moved in, the following January, the work hadn't even started. The work did not then start until March. The builder who was employed to do this had been in a car accident, which I totally empathise with - however, dealing with his frantic calls to my mobile begging to be kept on the job, were both stressful and inappropriate as it was not my decision as to whether he remained in my landlord's employment.

When the work did start, he did not use dust sheets which meant our entire flat was rendered filthy, including all our clothes, shoes and bedding. Rubble was left around the house for 2 weeks and the curtains were not put up again after the work was done. In fact we remained without a blind in the kitchen for the rest of the tenancy (this would not be an issue, apart from the fact the window over looked our poor neighbours!).

When we first moved in, the flat was in poor condition. The toilet flush did not work, there was food scraps left in the sink and on the ceiling, lightbulbs and doorknobs missing, blinds and chest of drawers broken. We repeatedly sent over lists of things to fix to the estate agents, to be met with a complete lack of empathy and slow replies. It seemed to us that they did everything to cast blame on us - making us check back through emails to check we had raised issues, never apologising and taking up to a month or two to fix issues (gladly the toilet was fixed quite quickly).

The real issue for me was their lack of interest when our boiler broke down. There was no hot water in the flat and we either had to go to the gym / work shower / have a stand up wash. They had no timescale for fixing things once they had broken and once we had raised it. One weekend, we spent without hot water - trekking to central London from Balham to wash!! Again, no apology, no empathy.

Finally, when I moved out, I let them know I had left my laptop behind by accident - which was clearly labelled in the check out inventory. I tried to fix a date to pick it up but they had already trashed it, due to the fact it was inside the broken chest of drawers. The chest of drawers had been broken the whole way through our tenancy but they decided to change it at the end of the tenancy, presumably so they could rinse some more rent from the new people.

I am now buying a place in London and there is absolutely no way I would put any more business KFH's way - they are rude, arrogant and entirely unsympathetic to their tenants.
They could have responded more quickly, been more sympathetic. Replied to our emails / calls / voicemails. Been more professional in their manner. Apologised when they were in the wrong. Allowed us contact with our landlord in order to speed up certain processes. Not given our keys out to random members of the landlord's family. Informed us when builders were coming round, so we weren't surprised by strange men in our flat first thing in the morning (an essential, in a house of girls).

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward Balham! To leave a new review of Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward Balham, please click the link below !
Write a review for Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward Balham