Mar 10,2012
Mar 10,2012
I called up to enquire with regard to viewing a property that had recently come onto the market. The telephone interview started and I was advised that my details were already on the system as I had been a tenant about 3 years ago. I was then advised that to rent the £785 a month property, I need to be earning over £25,000. Not a problem, I earn over £36,000. I was then asked about my credit history and I replied that I had 4 years of an IVA left to run. I was very abruptly told that I wouldn't be accepted as a tenant by them. I wasn't asked about the circumstances of my IVA (a very unfortunate story and unnavoidable).

I told the woman that I was allowed £900 a month in my IVA to rent somewhere to live, she said it didn't matter, I asked if I could put forward a guarantor and again she just said no. She became so very abrupt and didn't accept any middle ground. For gods sake, over half the country has adverse credit, 7 out of 10 people are paying their rent / mortgage on credit cards. I only want a small place of my own, I earn over £2,000 a month and they just turned me down. I've never not paid rent or mortgage in my life, I've spent over £3K putting in a new kitchen and bathroom of my current rental, the only reason I'm moving out is so that my sister's son can move in with her. I've worked full time for the same company for almost 13 years and I have everything anyone could possibly want, single female, non smoker and no pets. It's very frustrating.

Part of my job is dealing with customer communications and I work in Public Transport so you cannot tell me that out of thousands of customers you've had, I'm only one of three etc. I know for a fact that complaints are reported far more frequently than compliments.
They could have firstly, at least put my proposal to the landlord / landlady. 2. Checked all of my references and made a more informed decision. 3. If my credit check came back unacceptable then accept a guarantor. These would have made my opinions completely different.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Ushers Estate Agents Office 1! To leave a new review of Ushers Estate Agents Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Ushers Estate Agents Office 1