Mar 09,2012
Mar 09,2012
Annan Property are without a doubt one of the worst Property Factors in Scotland. They have been in Factoring since 1st December 2008 and have still not managed to meet an acceptable standard of service provision. The key to the problems are the owner himself, Michael Annan. This man is the most frustrating person to deal with. On the face of it, he is personable, positive and convincing. But the reality is that he lacks credibility and integrity, promises the world and never delivers. Most emails are never responded to in a timely manner and go unanswered months later, necessitating reminders. There is a distinct lack of clarity and transparency in many areas. The most frustrating thing is that the owner is completely deluded and doesn't accept that things are as bad as they are!

Customer centric they are not! They seem to forget who the customer is and their attitude at times is far from professional. It doesn't help that the Property Managers are constantly changing (no surprise) but on a positive note, there was one good one for a year. Agree with comments below, including the fact that some communications are incomprehensible and many times the responses don't completely answer the questions asked.

We did not appoint Annan Property having inherited them from Pentland who ceased as Factors.
Let's see what happens with the implementation of the Property Factors Act (Scotland) later this year when a Code of Conduct will be implemented. It will either be the catalyst for them to reach standard or it will be the end of them, on the Factoring side anyway. A leopard does not generally change its spots, especially when the problems emanate from the owner himself.
Keep promises and improve communication
By: M
Jan 25, 2013
I agree 100%. I am in the process of changing agents right now, after 11months of late rental payments, unexplained shortfalls, unauthorised repairs and almost non existent communication from Annans. I've not been sent any accounts or copies of the rental agreement. When I asked to end the current agreement last month and have my house back, I was told I was tied into a 15 month lease. I have since discovered that the contract ended in Dec 2012 and the tenant are continuing on a month by month basis. It is costing me to change agents but I see no other option. This firm, and the owner Michael Annan with whom the buck has to stop, are inefficient, negligent and completely unprofessional. They should not be in business and I'd be interested to know if anyone has tried reporting them.
By: Fed up
Jul 24, 2012
Sack them. We did. This company and, as you rightly identify, the owner himself, refuses to take responsibility for their failings which cost our development dearly. Do yourselves a favour and change factor, we had years of problems with them.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Annan Solicitors & Estate Agents Portobello! To leave a new review of Annan Solicitors & Estate Agents Portobello, please click the link below !
Write a review for Annan Solicitors & Estate Agents Portobello