Mar 07,2012
Mar 07,2012
Well, where do I start with

I had undertaken a fair amount of research into online Estate Agency and decided to give these guys a go in the hope of saving thousands of pounds over a traditional agent. My previous experiences of traditional agents was not good so I was willing to give it a try.

I can honestly say I have never worked with such an unprofessional, badly run company who do not care about their client base.

The following are bullet points of everything that went wrong:

- They claim to be a dynamic online company, yet the first thing they do is send you a form that can't be edited so you have to print it, fill out by hand, scan back in and email to them.

- After sending the form & payment (I made the stupid mistake of paying £395 + VAT up front which I will cover later) I heard nothing for a couple of days.

- After me constantly chasing them up they finally sent somebody round to do the write up and pictures. The photos are about the only part they got right, but then again it is a 3rd party company who do them so no surprise there.

- All went silent again for about 5 days. After numerous phone calls and emails my advert finally came back to me for my approval. I must say that the only reason I agreed the text was that I had basically written it for them. They had however, put duplicate photos in the advert.

- Now the fun really started.... Our first 'viewing' was a no show as HouseSimple forgot to confirm the viewing with the potential buyer.

- The next few viewings were people who weren't even on the market (HouseSimple do not vet any potential buyers).

- A very interested viewer asked if I was with any other agents as they had tried for 3 days to get a viewing. HouseSimple had told her that the vendor (ME) was hard to get hold of. That was nonsense as I had given them 4 phone numbers and they were always manned. I decided to call HouseSimple to feedback this information and I had the misfortune of speaking to one of the founders of the company. A certain A G! He came across as moody, arrogant and patronising. I questioned him as to why potential viewers of our house were waiting up to 3 days and being told that the vendor was hard to get hold of. His response was that we don't want buyers like that and are better off without them!!!!!

- They never and I mean NEVER respond to any emails that you may send them.

- I got the distinct impression that as I had paid in full up front they were no longer interested in me or my property. Then again, I can imagine they are just as bad with people who use the other options for payment where you pay less up front and more on completion.

- After 2 weeks it got to the point where I was ringing them at least twice a day to find out about any potential viewings as they were 100% incapable of letting us know about these. It wouldn't surprise me if people had offered on our house at this point but HouseSimple has simply forgotten to get the offer to us.

- They never ever chase up viewings and never give you any feedback on previous viewings.

- Our house did sell but only because I did all the negotiating directly with the potential buyer as he didn't want to go through HouseSimple. I passed all the solicitor details to their office. They then sent a Memorandum of Sale through with incorrect solicitor details. They then phoned me back 5 days later asking for my solicitor details!

- A week later our buyer pulled out (no fault of HouseSimple) but I dread to think the mess they would have made of getting the deal completed.

- The only thing they did correctly was remove my house from Rightmove when I asked them to.

- I then went back to a traditional agent and sold hassle free in 2 weeks.

Overall a very unpleasant experience and possibly the biggest waste of £395 in my entire life.

I would NOT use them again and would NEVER recommend them to somebody who actually wants to sell their house.
By: Customer manager
Oct 24, 2012

Please note that the comments on this review were never reported directly to us, so it is difficult to comment. Our business survives on successful sales, sold slips, repeat business and good reviews. As you may note from other reviews posted Housesimple has many returning clients and many clients who refer us on.

It is obvious this customer is very disgruntled and whilst (as stated below) we did go on to sell the said property, we are always disappointed to receive negative comments and are always keen to settle any issues calmly and professionally within the company.

Housesimple endeavours to uphold the highest of standards, as such we are members of TPOS (the property ombudsman regulated by the OFT) aswell as being rated as the No.1 Online estate agency by Allagents and currently rated 23rd Estate agency in the whole of the UK (rated against 10's of 1,000's of estate agents) The company was formed for the express reason to try to change the estate agency industry for the better, through providing a higher quality service for much more competitive fees.

We save our clients a huge amount if fees - £3million and rising - an average client saves £4,678. We are also very efficient at the property business; 50% of all our sales are agreed in an average of 26 days.

In answer to each point that this customer has made:

- We are required to receive a signed contract.
- We endeavour to answer each Sale enquiry within 30 minutes so it is very unlikely and would not be in our interests
- We do not use a 3rd party company. Each local agent is a Housesimple representative.
- We do quote a maximum of 3 working days to process photos, artwork floorplans and write-up listings.
- No viewing can be booked until both parties have confirmed.
- Housesimple do vet buyers in every case. If specifically requested to disregard viewers who are not yet on the market we will do so, but we always advise to take every viewing if possible as each person may be on the market and sold within 2 weeks anyway, so often it is unwise to disregard these potential purchasers.
- In terms of the phone calls, again this is unlikely to be the case as we have a large mteam and we have call analysis data to show that we have improved our effective rate on incoming calls to 98.8%.
- It would not be in our interests to not pass on buyers, our business survives on successful sales, sold slips, repeat business and good reviews. As you may note from other reviews posted Housesimple has many returning clients and many clients who refer us on.
- All emails will be responded to
- Although many clients do pay upfront, every client receives the same pipeline of service, our business survives on successful sales, sold slips, repeat business and good reviews. As you may note from other reviews posted Housesimple has many returning clients and many clients who refer us on.
- Legally every offer has to be put forward to the vendor and it would not be in our interests to not do this
- Every viewing is chased and feedback is requested 3 times (by telephone x2 and email x1)
- We are happy that the property sold and are always willing to help with negotiation when required. 99% of our clients ask us to negotiate on their behalf and we have achieve on average 97% of the asking price. 50% of all offers are negotiated to a sale.
- n/a
- n/a
- If a property has sold, it is very often the case it is a 'saleable' property and therefore is like to sell again. In this case we would have offered to remarket for free assuming the client had marketing time remaining (marketing time is paused once the property is under offer / sold stc.)
By: angelofthenorth
Apr 24, 2012
Having been with Housesimple myself, I totally agree with everything that Alan Flapjack has said. Housesimple are clowns! They are not interested in you but only in getting your money. Never never never go with this company! I don't even know why they are getting such good reviews!!!!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Housesimple HouseSimple! To leave a new review of Housesimple HouseSimple, please click the link below !
Write a review for Housesimple HouseSimple