Feb 29,2012
Feb 29,2012
The property was in a poor state when we first rented it although many of the issues were not obvious and they claimed that they would fix anything discovered. The original company was Charles White but this was bought by Newton.

None of the smoke alarms worked or the small electrical items. All the soft furnishings were worn out. The windows would not close and the porch glass was cracked and falling down in an increasingly dangerous manner. The roof leaked and was not fixed - there was a resulting major damp problem. Builders were sent around to the property without warning but all they did was stand around and talk. No work was ever done until we invited an environmental health officer around. Then a general maintainence man arrived and did the basic things but the leaking roof remained. The next day, we were served notice to quit and pay outstanding rent.

They never sent receipts for any moneys paid and when the Sheriff officer appeared - he just said - "They always send around letters before he arrived". This is not true and makes him no more than hired muscle for a very dodgy property management firm.

Avoid them...
Responded to our issues Delt with money responsibly
By: no name
Aug 22, 2016
just wondering but is this not a massive breach of the data protection act posting customer details online?
By: Stephen O'Neill
Jan 30, 2013
Dear Sirs,
This is a case which the above comments are potentially libelous. The complaint is made by a Jane Cochrane (maiden name Nafula Jane) who was the tenant. On 20th February 2012 Nafula Jane wrote to me as managing director with several complaints regarding the condition of the house she rented from me at 35 Abbey Drive, Glasgow. I offered to attend to all of the issues and requested a meeting immediately, I received no reply and took it upon myself to go to her house and try and resolve the issues. She continually refused to allow access to our tradesmen and prior to her complaints about her condition she was in rent arrears.

As Nafula continued to complain but deny our tradesmen access, I actually sent a sheriff officer along with a letter requesting access to repair all the defects she had reported. Eventually she complained to the Private Rented Housing Panel and I provided 23 items of accurate documentation and her case was thrown out and she was told that we had tried out damnedest to effect repairs and she was being unreasonable and to let us in.

For your information Nafula Jane left the house in a disgusting state basically terribly unclean and she was in arrears and she didn't leave the house on the date as per the Notice of Termination provided by ourselves. Nafula Jane was a challenging and terribly unreasonable tenant that we inherited from a company that I bought, I tried my very best to help her but I do believe this is more of an arrears issue rather than a repairs issue.

Yours sincerely

Stephen O'Neill
Managing Director
Newton Property Management

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Newton Property Management Glasgow! To leave a new review of Newton Property Management Glasgow, please click the link below !
Write a review for Newton Property Management Glasgow