They don't care about health and safety of the tenants, neither have any interest in maintaining the property. Here is a few example of how negligent they are:
- The agency ignored all the enquiries about the smoker tenant who had also disabled all fire alarms in the house. He was also an alcoholic. We raised the issue to the agency several times. They didn't do anything about it till he threaten a girl in the house and the police got involved! No compensation or support was offered to the girl and the guy was left to have access to the property even after he was asked to leave by the police! If police hasn't got involved at last, we would be still living with a drunk smoker determined to set the house on fire!!!
- No measures was taken to restore the fire alarms.
- It took them 6 weeks to fix the light in the shared bathroom. Water was leaking from somewhere into the lamp and burnt a few lamps. Another health and safety rule broken!
- Never informed the tenants of a new one moving in. A couple of times we thought someone had broken into the house!
- New tenants were told to leave just after a couple of weeks of moving in because the landlord has decided to sell the house. No compensation was offered!
What agent could do to change your mind?
They don't care about health and safety of the tenants, neither have any interest in maintaining the property.