Feb 21,2012
Renata Talbot
Feb 21,2012
I was fortunate enough to rent one of the 3 bedroom apartments in a luxurious development called Park View in St Clements, which I shared with friends.

Similarly to other complaints on here, we found the property was not clean when we moved in, with old food still in the fridge, which stank the flat out for days and with a vast amount of dust everywhere, as well as mould and grime in the shower. It most certainly had not been cleaned to a professional standard as was INSISTED upon our departure from the flat.

The cost of the NOPS properties in general are the highest in Oxford especially for students and although the flats are finished to a high standard, the service you get s disgusting. I also experienced the lack of staff at the end of a telephone and literally had to turn up to their offices (to their shock and horror) to demand anything be done. They try and find any loophole to blow your contract to pieces at the end of your letting and keep as much as your deposit as possible, fortunately my father is a Lawyer and once that was made clear they obviously didn't think it was wise to argue. Be careful though, they will use your naivety and ignorance of contract law to exploit you so do seek legal advice if you have any queries.

The maintenance team appears to be non-existent, anything that needs doing is not scheduled and like other users have mentioned, tends to be done randomly while you're out with no notice given. That service alone is disgusting considering the tenants are the ones who pay for the maintenance team's BMW X5 which they really don't need, perhaps they could spend that money, or the money spent on the NOPS owner's green Bentley (with personalised NOPS numberplate) on better training their staff, I'm sure there are some relatively cheap courses that teach people basic manners.

Overall the company stinks and so does the attitude of their staff, the most incompetent lettings agent I have ever come across. I have been living in North London for a couple of years now since leaving University and the service I have received up here is gold plated in comparison.

Avoid at all cost!

Agent Feedback:
They need to less ignorant of the needs of their tenants (customers) who pay their wages and for their business to be in existence. They may have a fresh supply of students each year however as soon as the reviews of this website rack up they may realise that altering their ways may help them grow business in the long term to save them from the inevitable demise they are currently heading for.
Attached Files
By: Debbie
Jun 25, 2014
As mentioned elsewhere, we provide all new tenants with an inventory when they move into their property. This has to be returned within 7 days and you are able to annotate it with details of any problems you have found in the property.

We always aim to be polite to people and to respond promptly. We are sorry if our service didn't meet your expectations.

The contracts set out clearly your rights and obligations and our own rights and obligations. We also explain all our charges to new tenants. We are very sorry if you felt there was a problem with this. We take our responsibilities very seriously and I am available if you wish to discuss a specific complaint.

With regard to vehicles, our maintenance team visits properties in various locations throughout the year. It is important for them to have vehicles that allow them to do this, whatever the road conditions. The green Bentley you describe isn't one that we have ever owned.

North Oxford Property Services