Jan 30,2012
Jan 30,2012

I am an experienced landlord and have properties with more than one agent.

I had two properties with Omega and was very surprised and disappointed with their service.

They drew me in saying that they will achieve the best rent for me and that they will return the property in the condition that I gave it to them. I gave them my property in a perfect condition, fully prepared in a new condition.

Then the problems started. Within two months of giving them the property I recieved a call from their so called maintenance team telling me that I had to change a lightbulb for the tenant as the tenant was unable to do it themselves. What kind of request is this? I told them it is the tenant's responsibility to do this. They agreed but asked if I could do it on this occaision and that they will not ask me to do this anymore. I agreed to do this once as a kind human being,

I got a call from them two weeks later stating that they had their routine inspection and found a list of problems that I will have to repair. The problems were dirty walls, missing fire blanket, windows without window restrictors and an additional lock needed on the front door. I visited the property and found that the tenant had written all over the walls and removed the window restrictor. As for the fire blanket I had already paid Omega a substantial amount of money to provide one and was surprised that there was none present. The tenant just wanted an additional lock on the front door even though two were already present.

I was very angry and called Omega to complain. I stated that the tenant must paint the walls as they had damaged my property and that they must also replace the window restrictors that they had removed. I queried what went on during these so called inspections as they had my property when i gave it to them so they should know that the walls were clean and the window restrictors were present. They said that I must do it otherwise they would do it and deduct the cost from my rent. I told them that this was unnacceptable and they said it doesnt matter as it is in my contract. What nonsense.

Additionally I told them that they must fit the fire blanket as I had already paid them, they did not even apologise for taking my money and not doing the job. As for the lock, they said that I had to fit an additional one as the tenant felt unsafe. I have two high quality locks on that door and it is more than adequate to keep someone safe.

Needless to say I requested my properties back, which took more than eight months. During these eight months of hell I had many more issues like what I have mentioned above.

When I finally recieved my properties back they were in such a terrible state. They did not keep their promise to return the property to me in a good condition. The work that they forced through after deducting money from my rent was terrible. They fitted a draft excluder for £120 + VAT and it was scratching the floor. It was the cheapest one they could find in B&Q, I have seen it sold for £7. Screwing it to the door would take 10 minutes so I do not see how they can justify charging £113 to fit a cheap draft excluder, especially when the workmanship was terrible.

Their poor excuse of a job in returning the property to me in a refurbished condition was to do a terrible white wash of the walls. Paint drops were on the floor, the floors were scratched. Window restrictors were missing and the tenant had stolen my fireblanket. They would not listen to me when I asked them to put everything back to how it was as per the contract.

Worst experience of my life. I only hope that you do not make the mistake I made.

Dr S.
By: Pav
Mar 20, 2012
You a doctor yes? You know where stupid tenant keep his back passage. He want lock he must let you have the back passage. He want light bulb, first the back passage. Omega letting put this in contract, read the big print my friend you will find it in there. Even look at it the Omega letting logo it shaped like one big giant back passage. Yes the omega letting ARE the cowboy. Just like in The Brokeback Mountain it all about the back passage.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Omega Lettings Ltd Office 1! To leave a new review of Omega Lettings Ltd Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Omega Lettings Ltd Office 1