Feb 24,2009
Feb 24,2009
To begin with we were very pleased with Duck and Hedges thay found us the perfect flat in the perfect area. We were sold the property at a price which included heating and hot water :-). We signed a holding contract and gave a deposit. The second amount of money then also came out, this was fine. We then organised a meeting to come and give all our information i.e bank statements, only to be informed that the property did not include heating or hot water at the price we had offered which was not discussed with us at the time of viewing, therefore they had miss-sold us the property.

So obviously we were not happy and although we discussed this they would not budge. After having to give in to this point it came to the moving day. I arrived at the office to pick up the keys, my parents were traveling up from the south coast to help me move, only to find that we had been given 1 key, that is 1 key for two people and two front doors. So we could not enter the property without constantly buzzing up to the other flats and hoping they were in, this was less than satisfactory, we were told that they would call us back by 2pm which is the time that they closed on a Saturday, obviously we didn't hear anything. We moved on the Saturday and didn't actually get the other keys until the next Monday.

Luckily Duck and Hedges are not managing the property as I would not want to deal with all these problems throughout the whole tenancy and I am pleased to say that the landlors company is a pleasure to deal with.
By: as
Mar 23, 2010
This sounds exactly what they promised me when I rented a flat from them. Rental that includes heating and hot water seems to be their favourite line

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Duck and Hedges Office 1! To leave a new review of Duck and Hedges Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Duck and Hedges Office 1