Feb 11,2012
Feb 11,2012
I am ashamed to confess my son used to work for this agency. Despite this, I received rotten service too. To be fair, the initial team setting up the let were good and the tenant they found was a dream. An initial plumbing repair was charged at cost and I was issued with an invoice from the contractor for my records.

The trouble began last summer when the tenant reported the boiler and a bathroom light as not working. Townends organised the repairs and charged me more than £900 for the work including the VAT. Despite repeated attempts over the next six months, they refused to let me have the original invoices for the work. Eventually, when I threatened further action, I was furnished with invoices from a company called Inex Property Solutions with an address in Chertsey also used by Townends. I was told that should I in the future have any need for redress against the contractor, this would be done via them.

I suspect they have whacked a huge commission on the contractors work. By mistake, they sent me a batch of original invoices which showed a large mark-up on check in and check out inventories. If anyone wants to contact me to check if one of their invoices was included, happy to oblige.
There should be more transparency over the level of mark-up they impose on services.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Townends Earlsfield Branch! To leave a new review of Townends Earlsfield Branch, please click the link below !
Write a review for Townends Earlsfield Branch