Feb 04,2012
Feb 04,2012
Anyone thinking of renting through Jordans letting agency in Altrincham, then just don't! My daughter has just moved out of her rented home. We spent a two hard days cleaning the property before handing the keys back. Yesturday my daughter recieved a letter from the letting agent (Jordans) saying that they had inspected the vacated property and wanted to bring in professional cleaners as they had found the place left dirty! Asked what was dirty they said a shelf had dust on it and two small marks on tiled floor! Now we cleaned it top to bottom and I even took images and video before we left. We left it cleaner than when she moved in. They have said that she will not get her deposit back unless she agrees to them letting professional cleaners in and she has to foot the bill. What annoyes me is that the property has lots of damp and mould on walls which needs treating and this is not her fault but caused by structual issues and a boiler leaking. They never did anything about it while she was in the property. But they dont say anything about the mould and that it needs cleaning. Her deposit is protected by a company but reading reviews it seems that this company always favour the landlords side of the story.
Great thing is I video'd and took pictures of the property inside and out just in case they tried this on my daughter. But will this be enough evidence I wonder. I have told my daughter not to back down and if so take it to a small claims court and I will give her the video and image evidence.

Question? Do you really have to be a professional cleaner to remove dust? Jordans think you do!
This is a big reputable firm too! Shame on you 'Jordans' in Altrincham

Has anyone else had the same problem and what should my daughter do as she is very upset and needs her deposit back.
Thanks
By: Sue
Sep 24, 2012
I know this was back in Feb and I hope your daughter has sorted it but Yes, we had the same problem. We rented a property and was there for a year and when we left I cleaned it from top to bottom and it was actually cleaner than when we moved in. However Jordon's claimed that it was dirty and that they had to get professional cleaner in. When I asked that I meet them at the property for them to show me they refused. Unfortunately I did not take photo's so we lost £600 deposit. I have heard of other agents doing the same things. They are nothing but thieves!!!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Jordans Residential Lettings Office 1! To leave a new review of Jordans Residential Lettings Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Jordans Residential Lettings Office 1