Jan 29,2012
Jan 29,2012
I would never recommend this agent to anyone, from the minute we met Richard he lied to us. We were told the property was all going to be done through them, we could contact them anytime of the day and all problems will get sorted ASAP. We were told we would have nothing to do with the landlady. The day we picked up the keys we were then told not to contact them and everything was to go through the landlady, first lie!! We were also told when viewing the property it was a long-term let, on the first meeting with the landlady, a week after moving in she told us she was going to be putting the property on the market in a few months do as to sell after the 6 month agreement, second lie! We had a horrendous time with the landlady, the house was full of damp, the roof leaked... she didn't fix any of it, after lots of arguments lettings r us took over the property management and were completely telling us one thing and the landlady another, third lie!! Finally when we moved out we did the inventory with Richard and we walked around he said everything was fine and the only issue might be the pond in the back garden, we signed the inventory as he had only written that everything was OK on every page. The landlady disputed this and tried to claim for more money than our deposit, we asked lettings r us for the inventory, which they sent, amended since we had signed it!! It looked like we had agreed to all this damage they we never would have. He obviously went round with the landlady and to please her had changed the already signed inventory, forth lie!! He is a despicable man, who tried to con us the whole time, I wish I could give him 0 stars!! Don't anyone ever use him, if you do I guarentte you'll find out what we all did!
Never lied and been honest, not in it for money!!
By: Lettings R Us
Jul 12, 2012
I do not know who any of you are but if a landlord first informs us that we will be managing the property and then changes there mind that is there prerogative. The landlord also informs us if it is going to be a long term let or a short term one and we have to go by what they tell us, unfortunately they can changed there mind. We are a professional company and go through the inventories with the tenants at the property both on the move in and the move out, the tenants get a copy of the move in inventory when they move in and if requested we will send a copy of the move out inventory to the tenant. Redland Terrace does not have and has never had slugs and maggots in the kitchen there are four rooms and a flat in the building and we would have had complaints had this been true. We do not chase for money unless rent is owed and the deposits go into the government scheme DPS which we legally have to abide to. We have to follow there process if we need to claim for damages or rent arrears. Lovingmummy you would not get you deposit back if you owed rent as it looked like this was the case as you had to be chased.
By: lovingmummy
Mar 09, 2012
i agree with u about richard candy.i lived in number 3 redland terrace and my boyfriend lived in number 10.both propwrties had maggots and slugs in the communal kitchen.my room had a shower that leaked.into the hallway below.me and my boyfriend then moved into 21a christchurch street west,the place was full of damp and mould.when ut rained outside it also rained inside.i even found a pigeon inside.richard used to let himself in without any.notice.ibe zime he turned up to my workplace and demanded money and another time he got me into his car and wouldnt lez ne out until i had given him money.i never got any of the deposits back.dont rent with him!
By: tenant
Feb 16, 2012
Hi Andy - we went through the same scenario with him. We signed the inventory, which had 'OK' across each page and now he's claiming for things which were all 'OK' on the final inventory. They didn't even sent the inventory over to our new address, and if they did I'm pretty sure he would amend it to fulfill his objectives. I can't believe this kind of thing is happening. We still haven't received the refund of the deposit as we are considering the Dispute via DPS. The property had dirty walls, owen was a mess and he now says that the landlord wants to charge us for a few ware offs on the wall to redecorate all 4 rooms. To be hones I'm tired of dealing with them, their arguments are just unacceptable by any serious person.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Lettings R Us Frome! To leave a new review of Lettings R Us Frome, please click the link below !
Write a review for Lettings R Us Frome