Jan 27,2012
Jan 27,2012
I was looking to buy this gorgeous detached house that i had been to view a couple of times. So i put an offer in on the Tuesday and i spoke to a polite lady on the phone.

The house was advertised on the internet as 'in excess of £109.950...really good price i thought for the quality of the house. So i offered £120.000. On the phone she told me that she would then get in touch with the vendors and get back to me with an answer.

So that afternoon i waited patiently with my mobile in my hand. No call back. Ok i thought perhaps the vendors need time to think about it. Wednesday went by still no call back. So on the Thursday i decided to phone the estate agents for any news. Spoke to the same lady who told me that just before i had rang she had left a message with the couple..hmm ok. She again said she would get back to me.

Thursday went by no reply. Friday... I rang AGAIN. At this point she turned around and told me that she thought that £120.000 might be a little too low as she said that realistically they were looking for approx £130.000....ok i said ill up my offer to £122,500. She said that she would get in touch with them THAT DAY and then get back to me. At that point i questioned her and said 'will it defintley be today?' 'yes' she said. suprise suprise no she didnt!!

The weekend went by so did Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday....NO PHONE CALL BACK! Absolutley livid! On the Thursday i decided to phone yet again this time taking no excuses. Believe it or not she was still waiting to hear back from them.... ' i dont believe you' i said back to her. I told her 10 days i had been waiting for a response from her and not one of those days had she phoned me back, i had to do all the chasing around phoning her. I told her considering they are advertised as a 'quick sale' estate agency they do not live up to their name and i am really un-impressed with the way things have been handled. I said that I had been tempted to go to the vendors myself as i dont not live far away from them and discuss matters with them instead face to face. I had an apology and a few 'buts' but i was frustrated to say the least! She then said she would phone the vendors at that time and phone me back. Within 5mins i had a call the fastest she had ever responded!! only to give me crap, misleading information. All of a sudden the vendors were looking for £145,000!! £45.000 more than originally quoted... what the???? That was it for me i turned around and said it was disgusting how they could put a price of 'in excess of £109,000' on the internet and then suddenly wasnt £145,000, such false advertising!!! After the lady on the phone trying to butter me up with lame excuses i just said forget it im not interested anymore and have lost all faith in this shambolic so called estate agents!!!

Unfortunatly for me i hadnt looked on this website before wasting my time with these people if i had i would have thought twice probably... so please BEWARE ITS NOT AS ROSY AS IT ALL SEEMS!!!!
By: Fred
Mar 11, 2012
Yes, agree with all these similar comments, have to say the communication wasn't bad, however, as someone said the purchase turned into an auction. We made a realistic 1st offer which we increased, again told not enough, we called it a day at that point.
We are cash buyers and were not prepared to enter a bidding war. Apparently - we were told - there were others who had made offers, - quite honestly I think this was not the truth at all, and a complete scam, I dare say that we will see the property still being marketed. I have never know anything like this system - it is sharp practice.
If someone has a price in mind put it on the market for the proper price, instead this ridiculous system wastes a shed load of everyones time and no one knows what they are dealing with or where they stand.

Write a review for Express Estate Agency Head Office