Jan 26,2012
Jan 26,2012
I used this agent from 2010 - 2011. I found them to be particularly friendly and helpful when it came to letting the property out to me, good customer services etc.

However as with alot of letting agents this was soon to change when I moved out of the property and they were looking for a bit of extra £££'z to keep there agency business afloat during these hard times.

Well it is hardly a suprise that the property market has crashed if these are the type employed to deal with sales and lettings. I Think i'd rather sleep in a cardboard box than buy or rent a house of the likes of these arrogant BSC hons a-holes, Quite honestly.

The intial reaction to anything that may go wrong during your tenancy is that it is most likely to be your fault. Once you've spent ridiculous amounts of time trying to convience them that you are infact, not responsible for any fault they will send a man sporting leather hat, boots and swinging a lasso above his head on horseback round to 'fix' the problem.

I had to speak with the landlord directly to sort any issues out, fully managed by Sterling, I don't think so,

Sterlings website and adverts with floorplans and plenty of pictures may be one step above the other agents, however that is a good as it gets. More expensive, greedy money grabbers.

I would recommend anyone to spare their patience and go with another agent in the Hemel Hempstead /Tring area.
By: AvoidThemLikeThePlague
May 24, 2012
What is it with this ben bird always responding to people so defensively. It's not the first time and i doubt it will be the last. Arrogance isn't a nice trait son didn't anyone ever teach you?!
By: Observer
May 07, 2012
Oh man, is this for real!
By: Ben Bird
Apr 11, 2012
Thanks for your reponse, however you will appreciate that we have to employ someone to faciliate the whole letting process, moreover liaising with landlords regarding deposits, deposit returns etc. It is interesting that you have not specified what the administration charges are actually for. Generally this are for tenants making payments late or us having to chase up renewal forms, AST's etc. Once again, someone has to be paid to do this jon hence why charges get applied when this happens. Interestingly you may wish to know that our charges are some of the lowest in the area, but with most negative comments they are generally once sided and very unspecific given little chance to provide a reasonable response, hence another reason why websites like this are not well informed and do nothing to help anybody form a reasonable opinion on the service provided.
By: notstupid
Mar 27, 2012
And for anyone reading this you'll see how patronising Sterling like to be. As if I don't know what I was being charged for? I am fully aware of how the letting process works and how deductions work. Landlord did not want to take any money off us, property left in perfect condidtion... it was purely the agency for their admin fees. In other words getting extra money for simply doing their job, badly at best.
By: Ben bird
Mar 02, 2012
Thanks so much for the feedback since this actually provides a useful chance to educate all and any potential tenants with regard to the letting process. Firstly may I thank you for the compliments on our service finding you a property. Secondly I am delighted to address the negative part of your review. When you vacated the property there would have been a check out report. This would have described the condition you left the property in when you vacated against the condition the property was in when you started the tenancy. If there had been specific deterioration beyond reasonable wear and tear the inventory clerk who is independent of you, the agent and the landlord would have recommended deductions from your deposit. The landlord would then add this up and make a deduction proposal accordingly. I must stress that the agent gets no financial benefit of any deductions made from the tenant and if you feel the landlords deductions are unreasonable you can request this to be judged by the tds. I therefore feel your review is more directed at the landlord and not sterling. But I hope this explains the process more clearly for any other would be tenants or landlords.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Sterling Estate Agents (Herts & London) Office 1! To leave a new review of Sterling Estate Agents (Herts & London) Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Sterling Estate Agents (Herts & London) Office 1

Sterling Estate Agents (Herts & London)

76-78 High Street Tring