Jan 25,2012
Jan 25,2012
They ask you to put a holding deposit down on a property to get first refusal on it. They initally agree to whatever amount you quote. Like I was shown a flat which was displayed in gumtree to be 250PW. I told them that its too costly , so they told me make an offer. Which i did (210 PW). They pretend to talk to the landlord to make an offer. After few days they came back and told that Landlord has not accepted the offer and asked would i like to increase the offer, which I refused. They again pretend to call to put the offer to the landlord. Meanwhile you cannot canel the offer and they threaten that you will loose the depost if you cancel. After all this drama they came back after a monthe saying that the landlord has got a better offer and I would get my money refunded.To get my deposit i need to mail the accounts team. They promise to pay your holding deposit back to you within 10 working days, which they dont. I have been waiting for over a month to get my deposits back. They dont respond to your mails and if you call them, they talk very rudely, including thier manager. They say that the accounts team donot have a phone and only way to get to them is via mail. I believe they donot have any property with them. After seeing two other review I am confident they are just here to make money by cheating and keeping the holding deposits. I would centrainly not recomend them. I am now going to sue them via the small claims courts.
They could have refunded my holding deposit on time. I am still waiting for my deeposit.
By: marykawai
Feb 22, 2012
On a forum you do use nicknames however in a letting agency you should use real names...Ryan, Sean, David and the other rude and incompetent girl I had to deal with to get my money back, what for should we email your customer service which doesn't exist because you are far away from providing any kind of service to the customers?...apart from stealing money with your illegal holding deposit (next time you ask for one make sure you take the property off the market because you are about to get in a big trouble with your fraudulent activity...)...customer service, accounts, referencing agency is just you "so-called letting agents" behind it.
You look forward to hearing from us to address quickly and efficiently our queries? Return all the money you own to people and you should have picked your phone, return our emails when we had paid for something we never had because your business consists in stealing illegally holding deposits, having customers paying 6 week deposit, 1 month upfront, admin fees and only at the last minute, if unfortunately for you they have read this website and not withdrawn the offer, you will let them know that the landlord has decided not te rent it!!!! and obviously you will do that on the moving-in date! and then again it will take ages to have our money back (for the lucky ones), chasing you by phone, emails to just have some incompetent and rude person not able to deal with the situation. You should know who you are and if you don't remember don't worry we are meeting soon in a different location where your scam business will be ended.
Al the best,
By: Davidstjames ltd
Feb 19, 2012
Dear Mary & James

Thank you for your reviews which as a company we always find helpfull.

We have looked at our records and we cannot seem to located anyone with the names Mary Kawai nor James Rose, we have also run a trace with the email address's you have provided and we cannot located you on our system. Perhaps you are known to us by a different name?

If you could please contact us at our customer services department (customerservices@davidstjames.co.uk) we would be very happy to address your queries and concerns.

Please note that we are a governed agency and therefore you always have our internal complaints department (which we believe you have not contacted) or if the matter cannot be resolved by us you have the escalation of the property ombudsman, which we are governed by.

We look forward to hearing from you so w can address your queries quickly and efficiently.

Kind regards

David st James ltd
By: marykawai
Feb 19, 2012
Hi James and Brijesh, same situation here.
Finally I managed to get my money back after going through the same process described by Brijesh. However, I am going to report them since they trully are a scam agency who makes business by keeping holding deposits or in my case trying to keep the total amount (£3,500). They can't keep the holding deposits since they keep the property on the market even after your payment (check on gumtree the property has never been taken off and the weekly rent increased). They don't have customer service, accounts dept and they run themselves the referencing (another reason why they cannot keep the holding deposit for administrative fees). My file is ready with all kind of proofs against them. Don't stress they're not worth it and if you guys or anybody else who's been cheated want to discuss it and take actions against please get in touch with me: marykawai@hotmail.com
By: James_Rose1987
Feb 14, 2012
Hi Brijesh or anyone else who are in the process of claiming your money back from this agent...

I am currently going through the exact same process with this agent under the same circumstances.
I would really appreciate any help or feedback as I am finding this quite stressful

Please email me at jamesrose1987@gmail.com

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of David St James Office 1! To leave a new review of David St James Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for David St James Office 1