Jan 30,2009
By: 'Moo'
Jan 30,2009
I am incredibly dissapointed with Atlantis. From the very beginning of my tenancy we have had serious problems with them. We arrived at the house to a foul stench; the fridge and freezer had been left closed and uncleaned for so long that it had partially rotted and there was mould everywhere. We called Atlantis time and time again to sort this out, because we couldnt use it, and the house smelt like decay. The landlord ended up sorting it out himself and hiring a cleaner.

They also charged us rent twice in a month, and then had the nerve to say that they wanted to charge us an administration fee for reimbursing the overcharged money!!

Not only this but we asked for a repair man to be sent in as we could not use the cooker (the hob was so old that every time we turned it on it let out the smell of burning plastic), and we rang five times to get this sorted. Days turned into a week, and in the end I complained. The landlord again sent in his cleaner, and we were not charged.

I am now being told that I will need to pay a fee for a reference to be sent to my new landlords, and I move out tomorrow! I got mouth from the woman on the phone, and ended up complaining yet again.

I am also very concerned that I will not get my full deposit back; I have spent days (and a lot of money) cleaning the flat to make sure it is in pristine condition, and better than it looked when we arrived. Both myself and my partner have decided to be present at the deposit check because we just do not trust atlantis. The flat was in a disgusting state when we arrived, and I am certainly not being denied my deposit after every effort I have put into making it habitable again. I have even had to get up on a ladder with a bucket of bleach to clean the black mould that they failed to spot covering the roof of our bedroom, and the doorframe. I have been unable to clean one area simply because I was too concerned I may break some of the furniture and have our deposit taken away.

I sincerely hope that in the future Atlantis will get their act into gear; I wouldnt wish this experience upon any genuine hard working tenant. I will certainly not be using their services again.
By: Andrew Strong
Feb 02, 2009
Dear Moo,

I am very concerned to read the comments that you have placed onto this website. Would you please give me a call so I may investigate your complaint further. My direct line is 0118 955 7001.

In respect of your comments regarding rental payments I would advise you that we do not have a direct debit facility for our lettings department and therefore we have no authority nor ability to take money from your bank account. You may have a standing order with your bank requesting them to pay us a specified amount of money each month and it is possible that your bank may have sent this twice? Administration of approximately 20 minutes is created by arranging for money to be reimbursed to tenants and therefore we make a charge of

Atlantis Property