Jan 21,2012
Jan 21,2012
DO NOT USE THE ESTATE COMPANY.

Having had an offer accepted on a flat for sale with them the sales agent hassled daily. She was extremely aggressive, conniving and threatening when asking for information to proceed with the sale from my end, but made no effort to chase the seller for information. This became particularly frustrating when we discovered damp in the flat, and that the particulars The Estate Company supplied were incorrect - listing the patio as belonging to the flat (with a price that reflected this), when in fact it belonged to the owners of the flat above. When I requested further information on this, I received very few details, although the sales agent kept assuring me further details were imminent as was a response from the buyer. The sales agent continued to mess me around for 4 months, and then phoned to say the buyer had pulled out. When this happened I had spent a considerable amount of money on a solicitors fees, a survey and mortgage fees, and because of the delays caused by The Estate Company and their incorrect particulars and lack of professionalism I lost £2,000. I followed this up with them, but the only response was a letter from their solicitor saying they weren't prepared to accept any responsibility.

AVOID THE ESTATE COMPANY AT ALL COSTS ¢â‚¬â€œ THEY'RE AGGRESSIVE, UNPROFESSIONAL AND UNPLEASANT.
By: Darren Richards
Apr 10, 2012
The Estate Company as with all estate agents is guided by instructions provided by the seller of a property. All our property particulars state that “they should be taken as a general guide to give a broad description of the property. They are not intended to constitute or form part of a contract”. We do not have the benefit or authority to interpret title documentation and it is a matter between the buyer and it’s solicitors to ascertain the demise and detailed extent of any property. This is a matter which was referred to our litigation solicitors following the fall in the sale and the legal position was clarified directly with the reviewer. We cannot comment as to the advice the reviewer received from her solicitors in respect of the damp or patio. Her comments are therefore unfounded and defamatory. Unless we receive confirmation that you will arrange for the immediate removal of this review, we intend instruct our solicitors to progress the matter further.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of The Estate Company St John's Wood! To leave a new review of The Estate Company St John's Wood, please click the link below !
Write a review for The Estate Company St John's Wood