Properties Glasgow - Infiniti Properties
Jan 11,2012
Jan 11,2012
I approached this agency 2 weeks before christmas 2011 as they had a property I was interested in. The landlord was still living in the house at the time I viewed so all the furniture covered walls etc. I met Dawn from the letting agency appointed by the landlord the following week to sign contract. She asked me to sign in the kitchen without showing me around the house again after the landlord had moved out, and said she was in a hurry so didnt have time to hang around. It was after she left i looked around and was horrified to find that both bedrooms were covered in dampness (previously hidden by the landlords furniture). I called dawn straight way and her tone had completely changed when I said I wasnt happy with the condition of the house. On top of dampness there was no kitchen door, or catches in ANY of the doors throughout the house to ensure they closed properly. As this is a fire hazard and I have a 3 year old son, this was of great concern to me. She came back with, who she claimed was a specialist in dampness and mould. He said it was not dampness but condensation, even though I pointed out that the wallpaper was blackened and peeling. I then said i would contact someone from local authorities for a second opinion. She then took the keys from me and has since refused me access to the property and has kept £14000 of my money (deposit & first month rent) and is charging me a fee on £24 per day as I had already signed the contract. I have looked into legal action but unfortunately as I am a single mother and work I am not entitled to legal aid and cannot afford a solicitor. I constantly called her to get my money back she said that I have lost my deposit but that new tenants were moving in at start of jan so would get what ever was left over. Now she claims tenants are not moving in until mid Feb and she will continue to charge me rent until they do so. I asked to see proof of this and she refused, she also keeps hanging the phone up on me, claiming I am harassing her. The icing on the cake is that she got a male to call me pretending to be an police officer from a local police station. I was not convinced this was true so called the station back and they knew nothing of what I was talking about. The police are now taking legal action against this letting agency for impersonating a police officer. Please be aware that I am not writing this out of malice, I would just hate for anyone to go through the hell I have with this agency. I have also contacted 3 professional bodies who regulate the fair practice of letting agencies, and was not surprised to find this company are listed on none of them! my advice would be find a reputable letting agency who ARE regulated. The one star rating was only give as I had to put it there!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of LA Lettings ! To leave a new review of LA Lettings , please click the link below !
Write a review for LA Lettings