Jan 13,2012
Jan 13,2012
This is the second and last time i will use ludlow and thompson, they are nothing but useless and incompetent.
My first experiences was fine to start with, they showed us round the house, although they knew nothing about it and were saying things like 'because its a basement flat its really warm in winter and really cool in summer' which is half true it was freezing ALL year round.
When we came to sign the contract there was loads of problems with them receiving our referencing, we had to send things like bank details and passport scans over 3 times and there was six of us so this was quite a task.
When we did the walk around they agreed there was a number of things that needed fixing...such as kitchen cupboard doors and back door locks broken, all of which they agreed would be fixed before we moved in. surprise surprise it was in the same state when we did move in along with being very dirty ).
After this we never heard from then again,we did however hear a lot from our landlord (its really nice to get emails in block capitals and to have weekly visits from an angry man threatening you with eviction )but ludlow could offer no help. And when we did move out after getting our local council involved (all local council services were very helpful and all knew our landlord by name, he had been black listed from all London university housing websites)to try and get some building work done to the bathroom ceiling that was about to fall in. ludlow did not come to check us out as agreed on the contract, so we left the house in a clean and tidy state(not how we had found it).
My most recent experiences has been ridiculous from the start. We found the house through a friend who was already living there and needed two more people to move in. sounds simple enough. Apparently not. The landlord was happy with us to move in so we started credit checks with his agent ludlow and thompson. That was when they started bombarding both me and my flatmate with text message and emails all stating that we URGENTLY needed to contact our current landlord or should URGENTLY contact our bosses. after doing so and then contacting the agent dealing with our checks they would say 'oh yeh its all fine really,just ignore that its an automated service'.
By the time our checks were completed it was the 21st of December , our contract was due to start on the 22nd. I personally spoke to the person dealing with our referencing she confirmed to me that the contract would be with me by that afternoon as we were keen to get it all wrapped up and move in. By 6 o'clock that day i was worried we still had heard nothing,no emails ,no calls.zero.
The landlord then tried to contact the agent, 'the person dealing with your account has gone away' they also lied to him and claimed they had sent me a contract in an email. i never received an email or any form of contract from them. And by doing this they were putting my relationship with the landlord in jeopardy, it was my word against theirs.
By this point its two days before Christmas, we are homeless. begging keys off the person already living there we move our belongings in on the 23rd. still nothing from ludlow. Our landlord ( who is also completely confused with the irrational way both him and us are being treated,)decides he will have to draw up his own contract, he does and we sign with him completely separate from the agent.
I have never experiences such incompetent in my life and now they have the cheek to try and withhold money i paid in advance for a new contract and their service . a contract that was never drawn up or signed. and a service that didn't exist.
It has been a truly horrific experiences and i would urge everyone to avoid this agent indefinitely.
Returned my calls. Not bombarded me with emails and text message that are pointless. Drawn up the contract. Tell the truth. do their job.
By: Jen_Peckham
Jan 19, 2012
Yes I agree, Ludlow Thompson are TERRIBLE! We had some similar situations to the ones you state above - they don't seem to bother checking that the landlord isn't a raging psychopath, and they too completely messed up with our contract and the exchanging of keys. DO NOT USE THESE AGENTS!!!!
By: Customer Services
Jan 16, 2012
We are really concerned to read this review and would like to investigate your matters further in order to help you. We can then look at the events that took place.

If you could give us the opportunity to then please email customerservices@ludlowthompson.com quoting reference AADul1.

I hope you allow us the opportunity to respond and learn from your feedback.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of ludlowthompson Dulwich! To leave a new review of ludlowthompson Dulwich, please click the link below !
Write a review for ludlowthompson Dulwich

ludlowthompson