Jan 11,2012
Jan 11,2012
Foxtons are unprofessional and uninterested. Their shiny offices, flashy cars and well spoken agents are merely a facade. Beneath is a company which refuses to help, charges ridiculous fees and has an overall tone of disinterest.

We paid over £400 for admin fees, that were not carried out. So much so that we rented a flat that didn't actually exist on council records and had never obtained planning permission to be converted. This meant we had to spend months changing the councils planning records in order to get our parking permit etc. This was a very lengthy process and meant we could not park our car on the street for months outside of the free hours. Consequently my partner had to change his working hours as so he did not get a parking ticket. However in all of this Foxtons actually defended the fact that the landlord had not obtained planning permission. Apparently he had 'tried' and sent a letter, but never followed it up. When we questioned why this wasn't something they would check (for £400!) they said that they take a 'good will' policy over these issues and always trust the landlord has everything sorted. How professional.

Further more, because there was no planning permission, there was also no sound proofing. For months we have been able to hear everything from the flat above resulting in many sleepless nights. When we contacted Foxtons about this the only thing they could muster the energy to find out, was that the landlord was not 'pleased' with our request for soundproofing. It has not been followed up further.

This is an attitude that Foxtons continues to display. Today I have a bird stuck in our chimney, Foxtons have refused to help as the landlord doesn't want to pay to have a fireplace board taken off - which apparently will cost £100! I find this hard to believe as it is a piece of hardboard. I raised the point that if this bird then dies in there the flat will then stink if rotting pigeon. Foxtons say they will deal with that if it happens but we shouldn't be able to smell anything. Great. So now I sit and wait for the bird to die, as it cannot be rescued, and then wait for the smell to penetrate into our flat.

I am at my wits end with Foxtons, and these are only a few of the ways they have continued to make our lives difficult.

I will NEVER use them again, and will advice everyone I know to do the same.
Firstly, reduce our rent which is appalling for what we have to put up with. Secondly, take a more active and interested approach to our problems. Thirdly, promise to change their policy of planning permission and ensure these things are checked before a flat is rented.
By: Dave
Apr 17, 2012
Foxtons are very poor at paying deposits back in a timely fashion. Our landlord had to repeatedly ask Foxtons to return the money. She was happy nothing was wrong but the slippery Chiswick worms at Foxtons HQ do everything they can to delay payment. I wouldn't use them again.
By: London Renter
Apr 11, 2012
Can you explain what your fees of £400 are for - the many reasons?
By: londonlondona123
Apr 05, 2012
You pay more for Foxtons because they reach a wider audience than most and spend alot of money on marketing etc. The planning permission was not the company's fault obviously. As a former Sales agent for foxtons I don't know much about the lettings side but I know people who have paid more in admin fees with other agencies. Based on my personal exprience with the company and knowing how they work I would avoid using them for to buy or sell.
By: LuckyLandlord
Feb 16, 2012
How you can leave the blame at the doorstep of the agent - when a Landlord, from the sound of it, hasn't got the correct planning permission - is beyond me. It seems the easy option is to blame the Agent as you can direct your anger towards an office, or a company or a brand but in reality the anonymous Landlord was to blame.
By: fpm
Jan 24, 2012
I find this comment extremely stereotypical, as you've obviously had a bad experience with a particular office. We are not trained to be 'flashy' and 'disinterested', so the generalisation you're making is completely unfair. Most of us pride ourselves on going the extra mile to help and sometimes Landlord’s and Tenant’s can be awful to us and we’re still expected to sit and smile, despite being described as ‘Foxtons’ rather than our own selves.

Our property management is incredibly successful and 90% on managed Tenancies go flawlessly. We cannot force a Landlord to do anything they don't want to do, even if they're paying us to look after the Tenancy for them.

With regards to the administration fee, it is higher for many reasons, one of them not being to get in contact with the council to register the property you're renting. This is unfortunately the Landlord's job and if they don't do this, there's not much we can do to prevent this. The Landlord is the one paying us at the end of the day,so to claim it 'unprofessional' that we trusted a Landlord to give full disclousre on a matter, is again slightly dramatic.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Foxtons Shoreditch! To leave a new review of Foxtons Shoreditch, please click the link below !
Write a review for Foxtons Shoreditch