Jan 09,2012
Jan 09,2012
Absolutely shocking.

They started by constantly showing us properties in rough areas after specifying no rough areas as part of our move was to get OUT of a rough area. Under what moral system is it then ok to dump someone in another trouble spot??

Then they described my partner to the landlord as my Son - and tried to get me to go along with it saying it might be an issue that we were gay - it wasn't. We were stunned by this and wish there was a more formal way of getting a proper complaint in that would get actioned, it was quite upsetting.

For months we managed to avoid contact with them, then when we told them we had an offer in on a flat and may only need to extend our contract a few more months they IMMEDIATELY started viewings, which started with people just wandering around to the house and knocking on the door and peering in the windows.

We complained about that and were pressured to allow viewings even though we might not be moving out for 3-4 months, we said it would be OK if they could do it in groups and occasionally. Next thing we know the Landlord is calling angry because they told him we'd refused to allow them ANY viewings at all.

So viewings start, and go on for over two months no problems, no complaints from them.

We complain saying the viewings seem disorganised and can't they try a little harder so we weren't spending half our nights cleaning - they threaten to call the landlord - giggling down the phone about this - and I say no the issue is with you not the landlord, just please be more organised.

An eviction notice arrives. I complain and am greeted by more giggling, and am passed to her manager and a tone of smug satisfaction just repeating "we are just doing what the landlord requests".

Yes. The landlord who has not had one issue with us, who has not heard from us since renting the house and who is willing to extend the contract til the end of the year despite their attempts to evict us.

Since then the silliness got worse - the doors were left unlocked after viewings, the windows were left wide open leaving me thinking I'd been robbed, complained to the landlord and was told the more professional manager would be running it from now on - only to get her texting me in the middle of my work day that a viewing was now booked five hours from the first I hear about it, no request no 24 hours notice, no nothing.

More professional. Ha. So writing this now, I fully expect to have something more colourful to say after we attempt to check out without being done for the child-proofing measures and long-faded baby stickers that we clearly applied to the stairs and doors.

Stunned. I imagine a class of schoolchildren would seriously outperform these people. I feel truly sorry for my landlord who has been entirely decent and sees none of this side of them so has little idea of how the tenant-landlord relationship is being screwed up.
Shown any signs of professionalism after getting our money. Seriously every aspect of our post-cash dealings with them have been like dealing with a work-experience kid on a power trip, amateur in the extreme. Who giggles down the phone at people all the time?

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Gascoigne Pees Guildford! To leave a new review of Gascoigne Pees Guildford, please click the link below !
Write a review for Gascoigne Pees Guildford