Jan 06,2012
Jan 06,2012
An awful agency to deal with. Lies from individuals over the phone, letters written in barely comprehensible English, rude and aggressive staff.

Our washing machine was gone for over 2 weeks for repair. When finally delivered back the repair said it had been sitting waiting for just over a week but he was under strict instructions from MCR Property not to deliver it until a certain date. When I complained I got a letter back that was largely written in text speak with poor grammar, sentence structure and made no sense.

On move out (when we had finally given in and decided to jack the crap hole in) they told us lies. I had kept them up to date with problems in the flat due to the poor workmanship and cheap building materials (the bed for example hadn't been put together correctly and I went crashing to the floor in the middle of the night as it fell apart, the worktop had come apart behind the sink) and they assured me this was all wear and tear. A maintenance man also informed me I could paint any patches of damaged paint with the same paint type and colour as originally used (also confirmed by the office) but they then decided to charge me for repairs to their cheap materials and for repainting the whole flat.

They removed our deposit from the deposit protection scheme without telling us in breach of the law but insisted it was all above board and they had "consulted with their legal team". Took months to get any kind of money back and they wouldn't budge on deductions for cleaning and repair that did not need to be done or was minimal damage through normal wear and tear.

I would stay away from MCR Property at all costs, even if the alternative was to crash on mates sofas for the rest of my life. They are a cowboy operation with questionable morals, customer service skills and shameful practices. AVOID!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of MCR Property Group Office 1! To leave a new review of MCR Property Group Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for MCR Property Group Office 1