Jan 02,2012
By: 'Reading Landlady'
Jan 02,2012
An agent from Prospect Reading explained their full management terms and I agreed on the understanding there were no extra hidden costs. The next day he added another charge which I agreed to as mistakes can be made, but when yet another amount was added I didn't. There were also costs listed in the 20 page terms he hadn't covered. His excuses ranged from he forgot, made a mistake, and didn't know what was in the terms as they were new. Not so believable coming from one of their management team.

When I didn't agree to the additional charges he simply told me to 'just go and use someone else then'. This was the best advice he gave and I would like to pass it on to you.
I would have stayed with the agency if they had continued the contract with the original charges, however would have requested a different agent to work with.
Attached Files
By: tenant 1
Apr 26, 2012
Thanks for mentioning about this. Wish I had read this review earlier. Same thing has happened with me as well, I agreed on a prop to let and paid the initial amount after which he sent out emailes asking for extra charges for some worthless insurance on the property goods while I didnt have any furnitures moved into the house except for the clothes and kitchen ware. They went thru too much process referenceing asking for every small confidential information and finally they came back and said after 10 days of sigining the agreement when it was just 3 days close to the move in date, agent says that the prop is not available on the let agreed date....this is just ridiculous and totally unprofessional of them. They just want to pinch off money from the tenants for every small thing they do...totally unacceptable.

Prospect Estate Agency