Dec 26,2011
Dec 26,2011
Dear Students and Potential Student of Southampton,

I insistend recomend you NOT to sign any contract with Tenant Direct. I was living one year in Southampton and had them as agency and it was the worsed I could suspeced.
- We had big issues with mildew, unfortunately I recognized it to late.
- And I was dicussing, in the end more arguing even with their boss, about that... I even got advice from the Students Help at the Uni, and I also went to the City Council to get advice... nothing changed! I even thought about but sueing them...
- In the end I was restoring the the room on my own!!
- I had to buy my own mattress due to the mould issue
- The electrical conection in the roof were just muddeld along and looked like already burned down once... from time to time the fuses switched off with no obvious reason... none cared!
- They did not give us any of the stuff we agreed on the first meeting! Once they have their money...
- And even worth, be carfull not to pay more than agreed, they try! And make sure they give you a receipt!
- Friends of mine had similar problems with this agency!

- Give Tenant Direct a wide berth!
- At best all agency... try to finde a private landlord!
- Read your contract carefully!

ADIVCE for the uni:
- Do something against this situtation! Its generally quite bad in Southampton! And in my opinion its also the duty of the University to look for that!

Fortunately I had good flat- and course mates, so It was still a really wonderful year! Wish you good luck!
- They just "steel" your money... and than you will not get anything from them anymore...

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Tenant Direct Office 1! To leave a new review of Tenant Direct Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Tenant Direct Office 1