Dec 22,2011
Dec 22,2011
This was a catalogue of disasters.
We chose them to represent our proerty as they were a local family run firm, the lady we had spoken with (Sandi) was extremely personnable and they seemed to have the special touch! We were very very wrong.
The sales person we then spoke to regarding the offer we finally accepted said our buyer was cash without a chain and staying with family. We accepted the offer on this basis, however, it was not the truth.
The progressor accused our solicitor of not completing paperwork promptly, however it was our buyer's solicitor.
My husband popped in to the branch to ask why we had been misinformed, it was also really dragging on, and we hadn't received any feedback from the progressor for a while who was also the wife of the company's owner.The owner of the company was extremely rude and agreesive. Very very unprofessional.
At exchange they didn't contact us at all to inform us that the exchange had taken place. At completion the buyer was sat outside our property with a key and to this day we haven't been informed what time he'd be coming or that they had acknowledged the completion.
We have never dealt with such an organisation. No wonder the sales person we dealt with has left.
We have several rental properties in the area, which if we ever came to sell, we wouldn't dare consider them.
Been more professional. Chased. better communication. Not lied.
By: Bemused First Time Buyers
Apr 01, 2014
My husband and I are first time buyers who happened upon Bazely and co whilst exploring a new area...really wish we hadn’t! Having seen a property for sale in the window, I went in to enquire and was greeted by a very unhelpful and rude salesman who I know see from the picture on the website is the owner! After being told that the particular house I enquired about was under offer we simply asked the question as to what exactly that meant. Being first time buyers we were unsure as we were hearing a lot of stories. He seemed to take offence to this and accused us of being gazzumpers even though we hadn’t even made an offer on a house! He became extremely aggressive, proceeded to throw us out and became very intimidating! I can honestly say we did NOTHING to provoke him and even if we had said something unknowingly to upset him there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for the way he acted!
I warn all potential customers to beware of this agency! Would you really feel comfortable dealing with an agency that’s owner acts in this way (we seem to be the 2nd person to write a review of this kind) and I’m astounded they have managed to sell any houses! We won’t be returning!
By: MikeB
Jan 17, 2012
My name is Mike Bazely. My wife Helen and I are the directors of Bazely & Co Estate Agents in Shepperton. Unfortunately this transaction was held up because our clients (the reviewer in this case) property had been extended to the side and its gutters overhung the neighbouring property which meant that a deed of easement was required by the purchasers solicitor. The client instructed an independent solicitor to arrange the deed of easement which would need to be approved by both the purchasers mortgage lendor and the neighbours mortgage lendor (of which it transpired were two). This takes time at the best of times but the solicitor took much longer than expected to deal with the matter. When the matter finally exchanged (a process that does not actually involve the estate agent only the solicitors), the clients solicitor did not telephone us (which is usual practice) to inform us. My wife Helen chased the exchange again the following morning assuming it hadn't actually taken place to be told by the solicitor that it exchanged the previous afternoon. We can hardly be blamed for not informing the client of something that we are unaware of ourselves. On the day of completion, I tried to contact the client to let them know that their solicitor had told us that the matter had completed and that we could release the keys to the purchaser who was sitting in the office (again usual practice). I fail to see how the buyer sitting outside the house (which he now owned) could be in anyway seen as anything to do with us. To conclude, I note that the reviewer has not mentioned the fact that both her and her husband swore at me when I telephoned them, after receiving an email from them stating that they were unhappy with our service. Unfortunately moving house is a stressful process and things are rarely straight forward and in this case I feel that the client is taking their frustration out of us. I would finish by pointing out that we introduced a buyer to the property which led to a successful exhanged of contract which is what we are paid for.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Bazely & Co. Office 1! To leave a new review of Bazely & Co. Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Bazely & Co. Office 1