I currently own and occupy my own leasehold flat and pay my service charges (for what?) to Solitaire.
- Very slow and very poor customer service.
- takes AGES to get a response via email/phone
- Have to write several letters over the 6 yrs I've lived there, to get anything done.
- Ser Chg seem to increase year on year yet service isn't improving (currently circa £850/yr)
- Gardens not maintained properly despite regular updates
- broken lights take weeks to be replaced
- abandoned cars - tried reporting these, in the end reported to man with a van who took them away for free!
Avoid! Buy a small house or flat with frrehold is my advice. It'll save you almost £1000 a year.