Dec 13,2011
Dec 13,2011
DO NOT PAY DAVID ST. JAMES OR THEIR AGENTS 500GBP DEPOSITS. It is impossible for me to differentiate David St. James agent (RM) from someone (who appears to have posted, or has had posted on his behalf, the 5-star ratings below which appear phony and are designed to pump him and push from sight the multitude of complaints about David St. James and their agents . RM exploited me for a 500gbp deposit money as a grabbing scheme for the agencies/his source of income. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS. He met me wearing a hooded sweatshirt, jeans and driving a grayish-silver BMW 1-series 2-door with gray cloth seats which he used as his scamming office claiming it was his day off (weekday) and he was in a HURRY!

I called to view a bayswater flat. Before I ever saw it, RM wanted my bank account numbers or paypal transfer of 500gbp to secure the flat. I refused. When I met him at the property, he did not even have a key to get in. Yet, he constantly pressured me to give him 500gbp ...flat sight unseen ...because he said...'its going to go fast....I need 500gbp to hold it for you until I can get the locks changed'. Then, after I refused to give him 500gbp, I got persistent calls from RM to send DSJ 500gbp to hold the flat until David St. James could have the lock changed. When he finally got a key, he said this was his day off and he only had a minute to show the flat ~he even used his mother as an excuse to pressure me for 500gbp saying ...'she's waiting for me'. We were in and out of the flat in less than a minute with him constantly complaining...we got to go...I'm going to get a 100gbp parking ticket ...we have to go to my car right now. He said "estate agents are swarming all over this need to give me 500gbp now or its gone." He offered an immediate discount from the 270ppw rent to 250ppw if I payed 6-months rent in advance in cash.

Sitting in his car (gray bmw 1-series with gray cloth seats) he said...I have to go...I'm late...I got to get this done fast...sign here...give me 500gpb...I got to take it right back to the office to get it deposited so I can take it off the market...then he sped off. I signed a paper without ever seeing the bottom part which was covered up except for the signature line. He said..."trust me"...I'll send you a copy...I have to run before another agent gets it. Off he went in his grey BMW 1-series with grey cloth seats with my 500gbp. DO NOT GET INTO HIS CAR. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE THE PAPERWORK AND HE WILL BE IN A 'HURRY' TO GET AWAY WITH YOUR MONEY OR ACCOUNT NUMBERS. It is highly likely that his primary source of income is the 500gbp he dupes people to pay. If he can get one person a day, that's not a bad income even if he has to split it with DSJ and they conjointly try to wear down complainants to just give up trying to get it refunded. (See other 1-star complaints below about David St James business practices and their ...'customer service').

After RM sped off with my 500gbp, I felt like I was just scammed so I searched "David St. James Review" and found this website. I was shocked and appalled at the severity of complaints and immediately sent him an email with a link to this site and stated emphatically that I could not possibly do business with him or his company and demanded an immediate refund of my 500gbp. He sent me an email saying my offer had been accepted but refused to say by whom it was accepted and COULD NOT NAME THE OWNER(S) of the property. After reading all the complaints posted on this website, I (or anyone) would have to be crazy to pay David St James a deposit much less 6-months rent-cash in advance-for a contrived discount after reading the scams and severity of problems posted below with similar complaints.

RM, the agent cited in the 5-star apparently contrived pump postings below, said the people who post complaints here are '...just a bunch of complainers who post on cites like this...we don't pay any attention to them'. He had a patent disregard for them and me saying....'we're keeping your're not getting it can send your complaint to our customer service and to David James but we are keeping your 500gbp...go ahead and complain...become one of those posters on websites...we don't care'. His statements are an indictment and confession of the collusion in fraud at David St. James across all administrative levels. He also had the audacity to try to cover up his scam by sending me a NEW subsequent email saying ...Hi, I look forward to seeing you at our 11am meeting though none of the other emails ever existed. NO such meeting was ever scheduled. It was just an attempted cover up by RM...

Complainants on this site and other such sites about David St James which need to go viral so all potential tenants in the greater London area can be informed of the robust number of complaints about David St. James BEFORE they get swindled they can choose to avoid them. David St. James is rated at the bottom of the barrell among estate agencies and would be at the exact bottom if not for the apparent 5-star contrived posts.

The people who post complaints here are trying to help others as consumer advocates. Hence, for every person who takes the time to complain, there are probably dozens of others who have not taken the time to do so but have similar grievances. Therefore, what is also now needed is an organization of complainants into a class action lawsuit against David St James as there is a recurrent theme of apparent deceit evident is these complaints. I doubt it would take much time to find 500 complainants to join such a suit.
By: consumer advocacy
Jan 29, 2012
Dear Fed Up: The complainers are providing a true "customer service" unlike DSJ and their respective agents. Everyone who has dealt with them knows that their customer service and accounts team are dead end email addresses. Even Brijest has learned the 'hard-way' through the 500gbp scam rip-off scheme that is a repeated pattern at DSJ as evidenced by the 1-star complaints across websites. Of course, you do not seem to be complaining about the copy and paste 5-star ratings across websites which anyone with reasonable judgement would know are contrived and posted by DJ and RM to bolster their ratings, cover up their rip-offs and try to hide the 1-star genuine complaints. They (DJ and RM) are too cowardly to sign the transparency agreement.
By: Brijesh
Jan 25, 2012
They ask you to put a holding deposit down on a property to get first refusal on it. If you decide not to take it they promise to pay your holding deposit back to you within 10 working days, which they dont. I have been waiting for over a month to get my deposits back. They dont respond to your mails and if you call them, they talk very rudely, including thier manager. They say that the accounts team donot have a phone and only way to get to them is via mail. I believe they donot have any property with them. After seeing two other review I am confident they are just here to make money by cheating. I would centrainly not recomend them. I am now going to sue them via the small claims courts.
By: Fed up of complainers!
Jan 20, 2012
You seriously need to get life!

I ve read three different websites and you are on every single one of them slagging this agent off and commenting on everyones good comments. Have you not anything else to do? Get a hobby or get some friends!

Ps - sometimes a little knowledge is very dangerous legal knowledge is appalling and not factual.
By: consumer advocacy
Dec 15, 2011
David James, so you are confessing to the collusion in the fraud scheme with Ryan complete with the contrived subsequent NEW email after the fraud issues were brought to David St. James' attention a cover up scheme. Did you train Ryan in the scam-mo-bimmer techniques described above in my complaint? Who accepted the alleged agreement? There was no preparation of the flat for me whatsoever. There was no check in date. You are lying. That is clear.

Why was the bottom portion of the offer page covered up except to perpetrate fraud? Aren't the scamming of 500gbp and other payments you dupe clients to pay, which you do not refund, the primary source or your and your agents income?

The correct pathway for a legal remedy is a class action lawsuit against David St. James and their agents for the consistent pattern of fraud, deceit, customer service lacunae and swindling of customers out of their money as cited in the 1-star complaints on this website. As such, power to subpoena your financial records across transactions and customers can occur to yield the evidence so plaintiffs can be compensated for actual and punitive damages.

Isn't it true that you, David James, are too unprofessional, unethical, corrupt, deceitful, and dishonest to sign the "Transparency Agreement" for this website and as such, are posting or having posted on your behalf (David St. James) fraudulent 5-star rating as a self-promoting scheme in an effort to diminish the honest 1-star customer advocacy postings warning potential customers not to do business with David St. James?

Why else would you be too cowardly to sign the "Transparency Agreement" which this website is warning consumers about that you and David St. James agents, including Ryan, refuse to sign? Again, a repeated pattern of fraud, yes?
By: DavidStJames Ltd
Dec 14, 2011
Dear Tim

Thank you for your email. Looking at the string of emails connected to this case it is very clear that you have decided to cancel this transaction for whatever reason you think is fit. Unfortunately as per the documentation you have signed should you cancel you incur a cancellation fee.

If you believe that we are carrying out some kind of “fraud” we suggest you contact The Property Ombudsman, Office of Fair Trading (which we are a member of both) and Trading Standards (whom we CC’d into the email responding to your complaint for ease).

In short you have cancelled this transaction due to your own reasons and therefore a cancellation fee is imposed. Your offer was accepted, the property was prepared for you, a check in was carried out in the AM of your scheduled move in date and you then simply failed to attend the meeting booked in at our Bow office. We are exactly the same as any other business or business transaction…… you book a holiday and flight decide not to go and you loose your deposit/s. We are no different….you booked a rental property, signed for it, your offer was accepted and you then cancelled the transaction for your own personal reasons. You therefore incur the cancellation fee.

We wish you the very best for the future and if we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact US.

Kind regards

DavidStJames Ltd

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of David St James Office 1! To leave a new review of David St James Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for David St James Office 1