Dec 12,2011
Dec 12,2011
My experience with Ludlow Thompson varied through the sale process. The initial contact was very quick and professional, so was the viewing. The agent at the viewing knew very little about the flat, in terms of heating etc, but was friendly and polite.
The problems started after an offer was made and approved. The agent gave me 2 weeks to complete the survey, yet did not contact all parties involved in spite of my many requests. I told him several times that I needed formal memorandum of the sale in order to proceed. Teh only document he produced was a letter (with incorrect address and title for me).

Later on I found out that the agent had left Ludlow, and once a new person was allocated to this sale, situation did improve. However, by this time I had to contact all parties myself and of course the survey was not done in the initial 2 weeks.

During the latter part of the process Ludlow Thompson provided me with access to flat, when I needed take measurements of the flat or check the fittings of the flat. They were also regularly in touch, and contract manager was friendly and approachable.

When the sale was completed I collected my keys from Ludlow's office, as agreed before. The contract manager was not there, and no one knew about the keys. After 10-15 minutes wait and a few phone calls later, another agent found the keys.

I would have expected to get a note from Ludlow Thompson (representing the sellers) explaing where to find the mailbox keys, and which water and energy companies to contact. Also, in my flat the water boiler had been switched off, and so was the water main. Yet there was no note to notify us of that, or to instruct how to get everything working. Thus we had to call the security to look for the water pipes and it took 24 hours to get running water.

All in all, what needed to get done was eventually done. The experience could have been much better, yet I guess it could have been worse too.
- the agent should have listened to me in relation to the memorandum of sale. i had more experience of shared ownership than he seemed to have. also one would expect the agent to find out about the shared ownership process when selling such a property - the completion day was a hassle; it would have been so much nicer had I received proper instructions from Ludlow to instruct me that there was no water, and no warm water in the property. also details where to find the mailbox key and which energy/water companies the sellers had used. also, when it was agreed that I was to collect the keys from their office, I expected someone to know that I was coming. A simple system could be created in the office to list all completions for that day, their addresses and keys (and perhaps a simple list of previously mentioned practicalities)

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of ludlowthompson Lewisham! To leave a new review of ludlowthompson Lewisham, please click the link below !
Write a review for ludlowthompson Lewisham

258 Lewisham High Street Lewisham, London