Dec 08,2011
Dec 08,2011
I would urge any prospective tenants to avoid Ludlow Thompson at all costs. When we agreed the contract to move in, way back in 2007, the agents agreed to fix a number of issues, including broken cupboard doors and a missing door on the washing machine. The cupboard doors remained broken when we moved out 18 months later. In fact, I was present when a new prospective tenant was viewing the property and hey presto, they asked about the very same issue! At the end of our tenancy the agent and landlord tried to withhold over £700 for cleaning and broken items, all of which were broken when we moved in. The check in and check out reports were done to completely different standards. After a lengthy period of negotiation we were left with no choice but to seek arbitration. The result was in our favour and the entire deposit was returned, without even a nominal fee for cleaning. Throughout the process Ludlow Thompson were difficult to get hold of and enormously unhelpful when we did get hold of them. Do not use this agent if you can help it!
Refer to the issues listed above - if they hadn't behaved the way they did I would go back.
By: Customer Services
Dec 09, 2011
We are really concerned to read this review and would really like to look into this further. If you could give us the opportunity to then please email quoting reference AAOval1.

We can then advise why such a repair was not carried out. We can also look into the level of service and deposit issues. At this point I can only presume that the Landlord did not agree to the refund of full deposit as ludlowthompson do not make this decision on the Landlords behalf. We are here to help both parties to ensure an amicable happy outcome.

I hope you give us the opportunity to respond and learn from your feedback.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of ludlowthompson Oval! To leave a new review of ludlowthompson Oval, please click the link below !
Write a review for ludlowthompson Oval

(Oval Office/Branch)12 Clapham Road Lambeth, London