...left to get your reviews in for the 2018 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Sep 28,2015
By: 'Unhappy in Glasgow'
Sep 28,2015
This is the worst agent and the most rude I have ever used. The problems began before we moved into the property and now we have just given up hope of trying to resolve the problems which persist. Firstly Ross Lettings emailed the contract and asked us to print it out plus an itinerary, between all the documents it meant us printing over 100 pages of A4. This is obviously a money saving expedition on ink and paper at the customers expense. I was then given only 1 key to the property and 1 for the security entrance (communal area) The agent refused to issue a second key without another name on the contract (my partner) I have rented many properties and it is not a legal obligation for every person in a household to be equally binding on a contract. This information was not given to me until after I signed the contract and this now prevents access for my partner to her own home through the main entrance. A key cannot be cut without the agents permission as it is a special security key and they refuse this. Imagine the inconvenience this causes especially when we both work different times. When we moved in there were and still are wires (not exposed to the copper part) exposed in living room and hanging from the wall (there are 5 large thick plastic cables attached) where the last tenant had moved out. The agent refused to do anything about them and they are unsightly with the old TV wall bracket still on the side wall. We had a problem with the boiler and they refused to come out to fix and it still makes a huge noise every time we turn on hot water. I personally let the agent hear the noise as I recorded it on my phone and personally visited the agent and nothing was done. Someone said in the office it was an air bubble in the system which should not be there but as I said nothing was done. Their attitude is unfriendly and frankly disturbing. Any email correspondence we get is never finished with a name so no one accepts responsibility for the rude answers we have had. I called the Director to complain and he was just as obnoxious so we as tenants know where the culture of poor service comes from. I am saving the best one for last, when we moved in 5 energy saving light bulbs were missing. I personally told the agent that I would pay for and replace them then deduct it from the next instalment of rent (5 bulbs at £5 each in total £25). When I paid the next rent instalment the agent wrote a letter to explain that they wanted the £25 back and that when we leave the property at the end of the tenancy we leave the property without the 5 bulbs!! Any decent agent/ landlord would make sure everything works first then you leave it that way. Its like moving in with a broken cooker then you fix it as a tenant but break it again when you leave. It is the most ridiculous uncaring unhelpful statement from a letting agent and one that breaks the boundaries of intelligence. No one who was sane could suggest this as a solution. This is not an exhaustive list of issues but gives you an idea about this extremely depressing company.

Ross Estates Sales & Lettings