Dec 06,2011
Dec 06,2011
The property I was renting had been managed by the Landlord directly, but they turned management over to Austerberry while I was living there.
Austerberry carried out property inspections quarterly instead of annually (as the landlord had done), and when I questioned why they were so frequent, I was told that that inspections being quarterly was in the tenancy agreement. It wasn't, and when I told them so, I was told they'd bring a new tenancy agreement for me to sign, and they made a point of saying "we always give you at least two weeks notice".
Each letter we received from Austerberry contained a reminder that they held keys for the property, and this was worded in a way that felt threatening. Fortunately, it turned out their keys didn't work - I was out one Thursday when I received a phone call from Austerberry accusing me of breaching the tenancy agreement by changing the locks and demanding i return immediately to let some-one in. I told them I had not received any notice that any-one was coming to visit. They told me I had been sent notice by first class post on Monday. When I got home, I found that the notice had arrived that day, but had been sent second class on the Tuesday.

This over-intrusive management didn't even help protect the landlords' investment, as although they visited frequently, they didn't do a good job of inspecting the property: they failed on two inspections to notice I had removed a door (I couldn't get furniture through without removing it, and I replaced it before leaving the property), and the inventory had clearly been done without going outside - the inventory listed only what could be seen from the windows, and none of the inspections involved the person doing the checking going outside.
I also had a flood one New Year's eve, and I had to call the landlord direct as there was no-one available at Austerberry, and no emergency number. On another occasion I found a leak in a waste pipe in the evening, and when I called the next day, was told off by the person taking the call for leaving it "too long" and "reporting it "too late in the day".

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Clive Austerberry Ltd Office 1! To leave a new review of Clive Austerberry Ltd Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Clive Austerberry Ltd Office 1