Dec 02,2011
Dec 02,2011
As a "first time seller" I wanted to use a company that I felt would take all concerns off my shoulders. Foxtons being a large (and as far as I was aware, reputable) company in the area, seemed to fit the bill. I was impressed by the representative that came to value the property, and although their fees were somewhat higher than everyother quote, they seemed confident that they could achieve at least 10% above the figure that the other agents could achieve. When asked how they get higher sales prices I was informed that their "aggressive" marketing and sales skills means they get higher figures.

I quickly discovered that I had been duped as viewings were few and far between. Everytime a viewer cam around they told me the same thing - that the second bedroom was too small - almost making it sound like it was my fault. Clearly the second bedroom was the same size as it was when they valued the place so why not give me a market price for a 2 bed place with a small bedroom?

Eventually they recommended I reduce the price to the same figure that all the other agents said. As I was now paying a considerably higher fee for the same asking price I decided to swap agents. My sole agency agreement had ended but they still made it incredibly hard to terminate it.

In the end I sold hassle free within 3 weeks through a "traditional" agent for the new asking price that Foxtons had suggested but payed less than half the fee!

Who do these cowboys think they are? Reminds me of the film Boiler Room - Avoid like the plague

John
give an honest market appraisal in the first place charge a competitive fee not be such smarmy public school boy gophers

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Foxtons Office 24! To leave a new review of Foxtons Office 24, please click the link below !
Write a review for Foxtons Office 24