Dec 05,2008
Dec 05,2008
I bought a Baretts house in Purfleet 5 years ago. In that time the residents street lighting have never worked. Solitaire say it is Baretts problem and Baretts say it is Solitaire's problem and yet they continue to charge me for lighting and sundry expenses. I have never paid one of their bills and don't intend to until the situation is resolved. They have tried to get my mortgage company to pay the outstanding bills and have threatened me with court action which I welcomed after receiving standard threat letters. In fact I want them to take me to court so I can wipe the floor clean with them. After knocking on the doors of all the other residents I have found we are all in agreement with each other and will form an action group.
By: bigrik
Apr 07, 2010
Hi, I live on Barretts estate Purfleet , going to court in May 2010.
Tel: 07595435623
By: Helper3
Feb 03, 2010
Contact "The truth about Solitaire/Peverell " web site to coordinate the residents.
Good Luck with the fight
By: Ty
Jan 28, 2010
If there is anyone that lives in the Barratts development in Purfleet I would love to make contact. The more the merrier! I have constantly asked for an AGM (tennants meeting - although I am a homeowner) but they come up with this rubbish about us needing to have an appointed Director! Trading Standards told me if a resident asks for one, they HAVE to hold one. Im still waiting, that was two years ago or more. If anyone knows how to make contact with eachother here please let me know. There's so much strength in numbers!
By: Ty
Jan 28, 2010
I actually live in this development!! I am having the same problems, including court threats. I'll happily join you, I have a neighbour that is also prepared to go! it would be great to exchange details and have a chat. Not sure how we go about that here? I live in the Haven, presume you do too!!
By: jess
Apr 10, 2009
My son purchased Barratt apartment, fifth Avenue, Harlow, Essex, 2008. Only sign of Solitaire is hoovering of communal area once weekly, taking approx 5 mins!. Dustbin door locks been broken for months, dustbin area needs regular cleaning. Electricity supply threatened to be cut off as Solitaire not paid bill! Stain on exterior wall took 8 months to address, due to poor workmanship, still needs attention. Awaiting reply to letter of complaint, am not happy to pay balance until issues addressed and reassurance of improved service.
By: bigrik
Feb 25, 2009
I have spoken to mark chapman several times on the use of pcm parking management on the haven purfleet. Local residents were never consulted on the issue and he says it is nothing to do with solitiaire even though his company issued the initial letter to us. All the reidents on our part of the estate are furious with what is going on, we dont have any visitors parking spaces on our part of the estate and will have to find alternative parking for visitors. Again still no street lighting even though he says the matter is being looked into, just the same old lies re hashed.
By: anti-Solitaire
Feb 18, 2009
In 1996 I bought a Barrats home in London SE16 and I complained about Solitaire and I asked them why they gave the management to Solitaire. Solitaire were extremely bad at managing the estate, with broken light, blocked drains and extortionate fees. Yet Barrats are still dealing with Solitaire and giving them the running of their new built estates. I wonder why? There must be a suspicious relationship between them since they are still working together.
By: clad9596
Feb 16, 2009
I also bought a freehold property in the barratts development in Purfleet, only to have Soliatire chasing me for service charge payments and now threatening me with court action.I have spoke to a Mark Chapman at Solitare, explaining that I not only, purchased a freehold property from Barratts, but also, in my 3 yrs in this estate, have failed to see what Solitaire was doing to justify the service charge they are demanding from we freeholders and even from the leaseholders.I have,therefore,declined paying any money to Solitaire and have asked for them to take me to court.Now Solitaire are trying to introduce an illegally contrived parking restriction scheme into the estate without ever consulting any of the residents.On contacting Thurrock council, they claimed to have no idea about this new scheme,especially we the freeholders whom Solitaire seem to believe owe them a service charge.A petition is presently being gathered and I have consulted a lawyer about this on-going situation.
By: Ladaya
Feb 10, 2009
HI, i am in a very similar situation to you, but mine is to do with the gardening. I have refused to pay until it is sorted out but i will also not pay for the 3 years that grounds were not touched.
What has happened with you refusing to pay?

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of OM Property Management Office 1! To leave a new review of OM Property Management Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for OM Property Management Office 1