Dec 01,2011
Dec 01,2011
This agency is abysmal. My friend and I rent a property through one of their agents, King and Chasemore, based in Crawley, West Sussex. They are unwilling to help, never return our phone calls and generally treat us with disdain whenever we do contact them, whether the matter is regarding an issue with the property or if we simply require information from them. They are the most discourteous people I have ever come across, and their customer service skills are practically non-existent.
We have had several issues with the property, the main one being that for four months during 2009 we had hardly any hot water. After contacting the agency time and time again, it took to us having to physically go into the King and Chasemore branch in Crawley town centre to speak to someone face to face about the issues. The reception we received from the Branch Manager was absolutely deplorable. I was disgusted by the way we were spoken to, and the Property Maintenance Manager was equally as reprehensible. I was so offended by the way that we had been treated I emailed them the next day expressing my disappointment. What followed shocked me even more. The Branch Manager phoned me later that day after reading my email, and instead of apologising for her actions, took to getting into another disagreement about the way I felt. The conversation lasted for twenty minutes with the Manager defending her actions. She never once apologised. I made her aware that I would not recommend anyone to use this agency, and I would absolutely ensure that I recommended people to stay away from them.
At the moment our washing machine has now broken for the third time this year. Each time we have contacted them to report this particular fault, they have treated us like incompetent children, telling us in the most patronising tone they can muster how to operate the simple machine. Last time it broke we were without a washing machine for well over a week, and they only deemed it necessary to send someone out to fix it when I contacted them and informed them if they failed to fix it, they could deduct the cost of laundering our clothes professionally from our rent for that month.
This agency is incompetent, unskilled and seriously lacking in compassion and customer service skills. Stay away!
Courtesy, kindness, understanding and respect when dealing with us would have made every situation better. Unfortunately, the damage has been done now, and nothing that the agency can or will do can sway our opinion.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Countrywide Residential Lettings Office 45! To leave a new review of Countrywide Residential Lettings Office 45, please click the link below !
Write a review for Countrywide Residential Lettings Office 45