Sep 10,2015
By: 'Walter P.'
Sep 10,2015
Had the worst experience with Holland Properties involving the purchase of a flat belonging to one of their directors, Selina Westerman.

Back in April I made an offer on a flat that was accepted, and quickly sorted out my mortgage with the bank and arranged for a surveyor to visit the property. Everything went smoothly until the tenants didn't vacate after the 2 months notice expired. This obviously held everything up but I was told not to worry and that the eviction order would happen quickly. After that several steps followed until the final eviction order expired and the application for the bailiffs was made - again, I was told that this was the final step and things would be sorted in the next month.

Today I received an email explaining that the seller had decided not to sell due to unfortunate circumstances
By: Selina Westerman
Oct 12, 2015
I can completely understand the frustration for this buyer and it was a personal situation that I experienced unrelated to Holland Properties that prevented me from going ahead with selling the property. The sale had taken 5 to 6 months to proceed due to having to evict the tenant from the property (who also decided to stop paying rent) and unfortunately my circumstances changed during this time so I could no longer proceed. As well as the loss of rent I have also paid Walter the cost of his solicitor and survey fees as a gesture of goodwill so it was by no means an easy decision to take as it has left me heavily out of pocket.

Holland Properties Ltd does not advocate any vendor or purchaser pulling out of a sale but due to individual circumstances this sometimes cannot be avoided.

Holland Properties Ltd