Nov 30,2011
Nov 30,2011
I received a request from Central Estates to write a review of their services, so here goes. They were rubbish. Viewings were set up for me for properties that didn't match the criteria I gave them. There was nobody in at one of the viewings I went to, and on another I had been booked twice on the same day in error, and the vendor had been waiting all day for me to visit.

I was advised to use a particular firm of local solicitors on an agent's strong recommendation, presumably for a commission. I thought the solicitors were rubbish also. The person I dealt with was illiterate and also took my instructions without telling me that said person was just about to go on a longish holiday. Needless to say, despite assurances, as far as I am aware.,nothing was done by the firm to progress the purchase during said person's absence,aside from a belated reply to a query I made.. The person gave the impression of being bored senseless with the whole business, although of course I could be wrong., and being solicitors I am speaking of, I may be completely wrong about their services, which may have been wonderful, but beyond the comprehension of a chav like me to understand! (Always have to be careful with solicitors! )

A survey of the property I bought revealed damp and a guy at Central recommended PLF Preservations to deal with the problem, who I thought were a complet and utter rip-off. They broke the skirting boards they removed and did not consider it their job to replace the radiator or skirting boards, nor consider it professional to mention the damage to the skirting boards
Where they were efficient, however, was in collecting their money, and the proprietor travelled a fair distance to my house specifically to collect his cheque inperson, with instructions to leave it under the doormat if I went out. I wish they had showed the same attention to detail in their work on the house!Curiously enough, the guy he suggested might be able to help replace the skirting boards never got in contact. Funny, that. I guess the agent who recommended them got a few bob in commisssion, but at the expense of being associated with cowboys and creating ill-will with someone who in future might want to sell his house.
Bad business sense, that.

On the day of the exchange I was told I could collect the keys at midday. I was kept waiting several hours. According to my solicitor, someone in the office simply forgot about the keys when they came in, hence the long wait. At about
4.30 a guy called Jas made, I have to say, a very professional and courteous phone call to apologise about this error in communication and told me to come and collect the keys. About 5 minutes later a guy called Richard rang to say the keys had just that moment arrived. I mentioned this to my solicitor, who called Richard a 'little fibber'.

Trying to think of good points. I aborted my first proposed sale, and despite losing his commission on it, a guy called Jas was nevertheless very courteous and professional about it when he showed me another property.

My main gripe about Central is that they recommended PLF Preservation who in my opinion gave a truly horrible service.

I would say Central were no worse that any other estate agent I've used: as a landlord and property buyer I've never met one I trusted.,and never got good service.

ps Very worst estate agent ever is Peter of Hayden estates, Brockley. Last spoke to him in 1998 when as part of his letting service he lost the keys to my property and told the tenant he didn't manage it.
Dont reccomend crap like PLF
By: richard maher
Dec 01, 2011
After contacting us direclty and the full situation being explained, this client has told us that he will ask all agents for this review to be removed in regards to Central Estate Agents service.

His views on PLF remain the same.
By: richard maher
Nov 30, 2011
I am very sorry to hear that you were not happy with our service.

I can assure you that we do not receive any commission from any solictor/contractor and up to this point have only had good reviews for both and is why we recommend them.

In regards to your keys, we can only release them once we have confirmation from the vendor’s solicitor that the money has been received. This can take several minutes or hours depending on the transfer but usually takes place between 12 noon and 2pm as per the letter we send to purchasers on exchange of contracts.

A letter is also sent to the vendor asking for the keys to be made available for these times but there are unfortunately sometimes delays with the vendors getting them to us.

If you would please contact us is regards to your complaint we would very much appreciate it as we look at this very seriously especially if we are recommending companies in good faith due to past experiences.

As we do not know the property address or circumstances, we can not explore any further and ask you to contact us at at as soon as possible.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Central Estate Agents (Walthamstow) Walthamstow! To leave a new review of Central Estate Agents (Walthamstow) Walthamstow, please click the link below !
Write a review for Central Estate Agents (Walthamstow) Walthamstow

Central Estate Agents (Walthamstow)

179 Hoe Street Walthamstow, London