Nov 30,2011
Nov 30,2011
TO AVOIDE!!! NEVER USE Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward!!! You will waste your time and money!

I and my husband tried to move in an apartment in Beckenham¢â‚¬Â¦Tried¢â‚¬Â¦
2 weeks before the move we paid the deposit, signed a contract and agreed on a moving date. On their side the agency and Landlord signed the contract and confirmed the date.
One week before our moving I called the agency 2 times to confirm the date and time we were going to pick up keys and to move into a flat.
Than they urge us to pay the full deposit and the first rental month.
We rented a van and with all our belongings arrived in front of our future house.
But 10 minutes later a secretary of the agency called me to tell us that there was a little problem¢â‚¬Â¦KFH DID NOT TELL THE PREVIOUSE TENANT TO MOVE OUT BEFORE WE ARRIVE¢â‚¬Â¦
After I asked ¢â‚¬Å“What do we do now?¢â‚¬Â and ¢â‚¬Å“Who is responsible for this mistake?¢â‚¬Â the secretary told me ¢â‚¬Å“I don't know¢â‚¬Â. That is it.
Nobody apologised and nobody, as it was explained, was responsible for this action. Nobody helped us in this situation and nobody explained what to do.
Agency was accusing the Landlord (it was his or tenant's(???) fault), Landlord ¢â‚¬â€œ ¢â‚¬Å“it is agency's mistake and I don't have your money¢â‚¬Â¢â‚¬Â¦
After that there was a period of one month calling to the agency and landlord trying to find out what had happened, but nobody wanted to take the responsibility for that.
In parallel we had to find a place to stay, to keep our belongings and find a new apartment (obviously with another agency).
I sent a Breach of Contract and asked for our money back plus the expenses we had within the week of waiting for the information from them, which is 300GBP for the rented van. But KFH did not agree and after two weeks of struggling at the very last date they paid our deposit back¢â‚¬Â¦ but not our expenses.

My advice: BE AWARE, NEVER USE Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward!!!
The agent could have do her job and make sure tat the flat was really available for the start of contract!!! And if she was not/ and this agency in general was not able to do this part of the job properly, they could at least help us to have a roof waiting 1 week for the flat to b available. They could also have proposed alternative flats.
By: Asch
Feb 15, 2012
I would take them to small claims court over this.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward Beckenham! To leave a new review of Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward Beckenham, please click the link below !
Write a review for Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward Beckenham