Aug 26,2015
By: 'Disgusted!'
Aug 26,2015
I moved into a smaller furnished property 2 years ago due to financial constraints. It turned out that the flat was crawling with bed bugs and carpet beetle larvae. I knew the place was dirty but not to that extent although Connect had insisted the flat had been professionally cleaned. I bought a high powered steamer amongst other cleaning agents and decided to clean the flat from top to bottom. On the third day my daughter woke up full of bite marks and when she sat on the bed they were crawling towards her from all angles! I immediately called Connect and they appeared shocked and arranged for environmental cleaners. It turns out that neighbours were aware of this problem and were surprised that the problem had not been resolved by Connect prior to me moving in. According to them I was the 3rd tenant to experience this nightmare.I then contacted a legal representative but assume that the case would have been too small to pursue so it didn't go any further. My daughter and I slept in the living room on blow-up beds for 2 weeks as we had nowhere else to go. My daughter did not make her prom night due to all the upheaval. All carpets and furniture had to be removed. This is long after the fact but have everything documented that I submitted and received at the time including photographs. I ended up losing my deposit of £550 (£450 deposit and £100 for my dog) as they said I didn't honour my tenancy agreement, I also paid one month's rent upfront. I know that the deposit was not handed over to the deposit company as specified in the contract as they have confirmed this with me. Please be warned, we went through hell in the month that we resided in that flat and wish I had submitted this earlier to warn other prospective tenants. I am hoping someone reads this and points me in the right direction to finally take action and do the right thing.

Connect Property Management