Nov 22,2011
Nov 22,2011
This agent arranged for a tenant to move in before I had a chance to check the state of the property from the last one. They then were 'late' in their sixth monthly check. My new tenant complained of damp but I was not informed of the state of the problem. When I went to visit my property I was shocked at the amount of mould etc. As I had no way of knowing when this had started I had to pay for all the redecorating etc.

The lady who manages the let properties works limited hours so you cannot contact her before after 3pm and they do not seem to use e-mail.

When I decided to change agents and went to pick up my keys I received the wrong ones and when I returned them I was told 'they are for a house on the same road - well they at least they are for a bigger property!' On entering the property I found a red electricity letter threatening disconnection the next day as Focus had not informed the utility company that the tenant was leaving.

NOT recommended at all.
1) Carried out checks when they said they would 2) Kept me informed about the true state of my property 3) Dealt with the checkout of the tenant in a more professional manner.
By: Focus Residential
Dec 13, 2011
Dear N, Firstly I am genuinely sorry that you feel you had poor service, I acknowledge that we are quick to move new tenants in, often landlords are keen not to have a long void period in between tenants. If we did not leave enough time on this occasion then my apologies. Your tenant reported a problem with condensation and we immediately issued him with literature and explained the necessity to ventilate etc. However, you were awarded compensation from this tenants deposit in order to cover the mould damage and so I feel it unfair that you state you had to pay for all of the redecoration etc. I can also confirm that the utility companies were contacted by e-mail and copies are available should you wish to see them. Every member of staff has an e-mail address and these are checked daily. There is absolutely no excuse for the mix up with the keys - again we apologise. We wish you the best of luck with the new agent and regret that we lost your valued custom. Regards, Donna Sheppard

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Focus Residential Slough! To leave a new review of Focus Residential Slough, please click the link below !
Write a review for Focus Residential Slough