Aug 02,2015
By: 'dalesgirl'
Aug 02,2015
I engaged this agent to sell my house in March 2014 and they came out and took photos. After about ten days the energy survey hadnt been done and we hadnt had a copy of the brochure to check. I called to check as we were going away for ten days and was assured that it was all in hand and they would get it on their website and the internet that day.
We came back from ten days away and found nothing had happened - the person who I spoke to, the same one who took the photos, had just walked out of his job that afternoon and hadnt done anything towards selling our house. So all the Easter holidays were missed.
Sadly they did not improve -phone calls not returned, off hand staff in the office, our key mysteriously in the Harrogate office so that when a viewing was booked from the Ripon office the viewer couldnt get in. Finally they insisted on an open house viewing, which we had clearly said we didnt want, but advertised it so badly that only one person turned up.
I would not recommend them at all, they are inefficient and amateurish and we wasted 4 months trying to sell our house with them and they even had the cheek to make us give them 2 weeks notice in writing before we could leave.

Sherringtons