Nov 17,2008
Nov 17,2008
We rented a flat through wilkinsons estates. An independent inventory clerk conducted the checkin inventory. We were really careful with the property and always took our shoes off so as to not mark the carpet and bought throws for the sofa etc.

When we left the "independent" checkout clerk conducted the checkout inventory, we were confident that she will not find anything as we had been very careful. However on receiving the letter with the results we were amazed at what we read. We were liable for cleaning the carpets, and the sofa both of which we know not to have been dirtied by ourselves. Any marks on the carpet would have been caused by wilkinsons estates as when they show new tenants around they do not take their shoes off.

We were also liable for stuff that was missing even though we know we left it at the flat. We were also liable for many other non-existent issues. In total we had to pay
By: Matthew Wilkinson
Nov 23, 2010
From the information in your comments I know which property and tenancy this relates to.
Unfortunate as it is, outgoing tenants are often surprised at the thoroughness of the independent inventory clerk (I am not sure why you imply they are not independent?).
Whilst it is not inconceivable that carpets were soiled during viewings, I think it is unlikely, and surely you would have commented on it at the time. That the sofa was soiled by the agent as well does seem rather far-fetched.
It is normal for one party to pay the check in and the other the check out. Nothing unusual in that, and the fee is for the clerk not the landlord so I don't know why that would 'recoup her losses'.
In your letter after leaving the flat you said it had been a 'pleasure dealing with Wilkinson's' but that you were disappointed with the check out report. It puzzles me as to why you would therefore write a derogatory review of us under your curious 'neveragain' pseudonym.
If you would like to contact me please call the office or email me on as I would like to clarify these issues with you directly.
Matthew Wilkinson

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Wilkinson Estates Maidenhead! To leave a new review of Wilkinson Estates Maidenhead, please click the link below !
Write a review for Wilkinson Estates Maidenhead