Jun 28,2011
Jun 28,2011
Dealing with Black Katz was the most demoralising, difficult, painful and unpleasant experience I have ever had with a letting agency. Tenants are treated with distain. During my tenancy I had a severe mice infestation that was never dealt with until I took it upon myself to block up all the holes where they could enter. The shower never worked properly and was never fixed. The flat had a carbon monoxide leak and it was only through pure luck that the gas was checked in the early stages of the leak that I was not done in. Fortunately, I kept my windows open at all times but had a week of feeling very very ill and not knowing why.
The only word I ever got from Black Katz was the annual rental increase phone call from the delightful \"Cally\" who was neither delightful or helpful. On the day they decided they wanted a big rent increase, I got a call from Black Katz saying that the landlord was selling the flat and I had to move. ...or pay an extra 200 per month!!! IN the end it was a lie, they were not planning to sell, just wanted to increase the rent outrageously on what was a very small one bedroom flat with only a dribble for a shower.
Whatever you do, stay away from this firm. They have no interest in customer service. IN fact they scared me.

Black Katz