Jul 26,2015
By: 'Lemon'
Jul 26,2015
I was very surprised to find a small local estate agent, so unhelpful. I always felt when asking a question, I should not be doing it. I was a nuisance.

My offer accepted I asked that the property be taken off the market, no more viewings. I just happened to meet the tenants living in the property, who informed me that a viewing had been arranged for that day.

I went into the office to clarify the matter and yes was assured it was off the market, no more viewings. Only to find out that a viewing had taken place that afternoon. I had been lied to.

When I asked the next day why I had been lied to, I was told it was the Sellors, who had wanted to have a second buyer in the wings so to speak. Not something I was happy with, you then have to think should I pay for a survey and start the searches, or wait to see if the second buyer is going to offer on the property.

Survey done more than a few problems came to light, costs to do all the work, would make this a very expensive property. I asked for a review of the price, and was told in no uncertain terms NO price reduction. And so I bowed out. The property went back on the market. A week later it was reduced by £10,000.

Who won and who lost, I think we both lost, the estate agents,well as long as they sell to someone, they are winners what ever.

Would I use them again, no, I did see a lovely property come to the market, but because it was being sold by them, I kept a tight hold on my purse.
By: dusty
Apr 19, 2016
I too had quite a few problems with Johnathan fox. I had issues with wanting my property re valued due to house prices rising significantly. I sold the property within a few weeks of the property price increased but I had to do all the chasing to get feedback of the viewings that I had. Always had to make constant phones calls or emails to obtain an answer to my questions. Sadly I would never recommended this company again
By: Jonathan
Aug 14, 2015
I would be very grateful, if you would contact me regarding your comments so that I can look into this in more detail.

Jonathan Fox Estate Agents