Nov 08,2011
Nov 08,2011
We currently rent a flat with KFH. I have not been impressed with the way they handled the contract negotiation or how they are currently managing our account. The worst thing is that as soon as you have signed the local branch do not want to know and every problem is referred to head office call centres. This is quite frustrating as it is a really inpersonal way to do business when there is a branch right round the corner from our house!

- We initially asked for a 12 month contract witha 6 month break clause - and was told they did not do 6 month break clauses so we were better to take a 24 month contract with a 12 month break clause as it saved hassles. It seemed sensible but when it came to signing I noticed they had included an uplift linked to RPI (at that time running over 5%). This was not explained to me - and when I queried it was given a hard sell telling me that on average customers without this clause pay 10-15% more each year so a 5% uplift was a good deal. After a number of phone calls we were dropped to the 12 month contract originally requested.

- Back in August due to an admin error from my bank KFH cancelled my direct debit. The bank reversed the error and re-established the direct debit details. KFH were unable to - so I provided them with the details. Now 3 months on they still haven't fixed this and our rent has been late 3 months in a row. This is really frustrating as it makes us look like bad tenants - despite regularly chasing KFH to collect payment.
KFH have not really done anything helpful for us as tenants - but have been a source of frustration. They are not proactive in fixing issues, rarely helpful, prefer dealing with things over the phone rather than face to face - and are not apologetic when things go wrong.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward Hammersmith! To leave a new review of Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward Hammersmith, please click the link below !
Write a review for Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward Hammersmith