Oct 05,2006
Oct 05,2006
I have been very disappointed with FJ Lord (Haart company for London). I used them for renting a "fully-furnished" one-bed flat. I visited the flat while it was being "refurbished" or so I was told it would be. A month later when I moved into the flat (I signed the contract before checking the flat as I was moving back from abroad and had nowhere else to go to), the only thing that had been done had been painting of the whole apartment (it smelled very strongly for over a month), the carpets had not been changed (there were massive stains, from the boiler blowing up, I subsequently learnt) and there were no curtains. Windows were stained and water pipes and bathroom ventilator all very worn out and noisy. So much for the newly-refurbished flat I had put in an offer for... When I started asking for things to be done, I was asked to speak to various other people - they weren't sure which office or which department was supposed to be dealing with me... After speaking to about 10 people, I finally started withholding rent to get things repaired. Six months later, two weeks ago, everything was finally repaired. Last week, I got a notice that the landlord wanted to regain possession. I am glad I am leaving but will never use FJ Lord again. They misled me into putting an offer for a "newly-refurbished" flat, lied to me about the carpets being changed and were completely incompetent to get things repaired once I was in the property - the property managers had never even set foot in the flat and couldn't even tell me where the meters were! As an agency, they have various standard forms which are very much to the advantage of the landlords, so please beware before you sign anything with this agent.
By: Ira
Feb 03, 2011
Haart Walthamstow, did not return my calls although I called several times over several days interested in one property. No business from me and my freinds for sure.
By: rosieposie2107
Nov 17, 2010
I agree haart have been absolutely rubbish to me as well. Although got good first impressions went down hill from then on in! Once they had got their hands on our money that was it!
Got wrong beds which were in the contract still not changed after calling for 2-3 months!
And loads of things like not returning calls refusing to talk to us ect.!
Don't ever go with haart I never will after this terrible experience.
By: kp
Dec 11, 2008
I totally agree with this review. I've had a very similar experience recently, and I wish I'd seen this review before I walked into a Haart office. The letting agent at the Ealing office assured me of a lot of things such as professional cleaning, fittings etc, and NONE of which was done when I moved in. I had to pay a lot out of pocket for the things I'd requested on the flat, because I'd already signed the lease on the word of a smooth-talking letting agent. Would recommend having any discussions with lettings agents on paper as obviously verbal agreements did not hold much water in this case. Do not sign a lease without inspecting the property again one last time to check whether it is in the condition you expected it to be. All the letting agents care about is your signature on the tenancy agreement. If you can, try to meet the landlord as well before you sign the lease. Beware of landlords who agree to one thing one day, but change the mind and ask a higher rent the next day. If I'd done any of the above, I would not be stuck in my current situation. A deceiving letting agent, combined with a totally inflexible and uncommunicative landlord in a property that needs a lot of things fixed is a nightmare renters can do without, especially in a market where they are lots of properties to choose from. I'd never go near Haart ever again and would not recommend them to anyone.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Haart Office 29! To leave a new review of Haart Office 29, please click the link below !
Write a review for Haart Office 29