Jul 17,2015
By: 'worstmistakeever'
Jul 17,2015
I wish I had looked around for reviews on Pauline Scott before choosing them. It could have saved me so much stress.

Pauline Scott are responsible for my studio flat, and not the entire building, so I hold them responsible only for the lack of communication when it comes to maintenance issues. The tradesmen they have on contract are hit and miss at best. The electrician I have found to be brilliant. The plumber they have is shockingly bad. I had to chase him up 5 fives before he physically visited the property for a faulty sink and shower, after reporting back to Pauline Scott that he had already checked the property and fixed them. Pauline Scott didn't even follow this up with me, the tenant, and appeared shocked when I informed them multiple times that the shower was still faulty. Even now, the shower is STILL faulty, but I've given up on chasing this any further. They are truly pathetic with customer relations.

Whoever is operating the phones need to be let go and replaced with someone with more competence. Today alone I have called in twice about my faulty boiler, and it doesn't appear as if they've even contacted the electrician yet or logged in the complaint.

Terrible communication. All I ask for is that follow up on maintenance complaints so that tenants know they're concerns are being taken care of.

If you need something taken care of by Pauline Scott, be prepared to hound them continuously, otherwise they will forget.
Improve communications with tenants. The majority of emails I send to Pauline Scott about maintenance are ignored, resulting in me having to follow up with a phone call. From that point on, I have no idea if my concern has been properly acknowledged because I'm not informed when a tradesman will be round to fix the issue, or how long it may be until someone is available to fix it. So I have to call it in again, and usually the person on the other end of the phone has no clue what issue I am even referring to, which makes me suspect that the complaint wasn't even being dealt with yet. This can result in things taking a week to be resolved. I understand that engineers and plumbers won't immediately be on hand to fix maintenance issues, but it can literally takes days before they appear without any warning. Often they have they their own key to access the flat (which is fine), but because I wasn't informed at all what was going on, the plumber for example can be in and out, without me knowing, and have not done anything. Which has happened multiple times in fact.
Attached Files
By: Pauline Scott Property Management
Nov 07, 2016
Prior to instructing the contractor all maintenance issues are reported to the landlord . Our contractors found it impossible to get hold of you via phone to get an access to the flat. You also requested the work to be carried out in early mornings, late nights or weekends. Your poor cooperation made it hard for all parties concerned .

Pauline Scott Property Management Ltd