Nov 07,2011
Nov 07,2011
The initial contact, Mr. Jason Paris, at the agency valued the property to my surprise at about 10% more than I expected to achieve. However the actual sale price achieved was approximately in line with what I had initially expected. I was surprised that I did not receive a formal letter from the agent setting out the price that the property was to be marketed at and the commission rate although we had agreed these details verbally and I had signed the sale instruction. Perhaps it is considered old fashioned to send out such a letter, I would call it businesslike, polite and essential to do so. At one stage in the sale I had, by agreement with the agent, reduced the sale price. A few days later I was walking past the agency when I noticed that my house was still displayed in the window at the original price before the reduction!. I always found the staff at the South Croydon office to be unfailingly polite and helpful. When the eventual buyer's offer had been accepted the Sales Progressor Ms. Bonnie Pooley, who is based at the Addiscombe office,kept me fully informed at every stage of the legal process. I found her to be an extremely polite, efficient, hardworking and genuine person without whom I would have found the sale process very stressful. She undertook a 4 way communication with myself, my solicitor, the buyer and the buyers' solicitor. Summing up, I would draw attention to the omissions that I have fairly and frankly outlined and to the excellent Ms. Pooley who offset the unfortunate failings within the agency.
By: Jason Paris
Mar 24, 2013
I'm sorry that you had some reservations about the agreed marketing price which was agreed on the day. Sometimes the public do not always agree with our valuations ! As I recall the final selling price was less than 5% from the oriiginal asking price so a job well done. Jason Paris

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Streets Ahead South Croydon! To leave a new review of Streets Ahead South Croydon, please click the link below !
Write a review for Streets Ahead South Croydon